A Risk Worth Taking by Heather Hildenbrand

A Risk Worth Taking

by Heather Hildenbrand

102880,191 (4)None

I love everything about Summer and Ford. They have a ton of chemistry, and I love the dialogue between the two.

Summer is a girl that’s been hurt. The awful thing is that it’s not from an ex-boyfriend, but by her parent’s divorce. She doesn’t think she can trust in love ever again. She looked up to her parent’s relationship, and the fact that they aren’t together anymore completely shattered her illusions. Ford doesn’t want a relationship. He doesn’t like the idea of being tied down, and wants to be able to continue his research.

As I said before I love the chemistry between these two. They are able to joke around, and open up to each other. I think that’s my favorite part. The conversation and playfulness flows between Summer and Ford easily. I like the relaxed feel of the the whole book. There are some tense moments, but it doesn’t make the story itself dark.

With the fast pacing, great characters, and awesome storyline, I recommend this for all that like NA Contemporary. ( )
  BookishThings | Mar 23, 2016 |
A Risk Worth Taking is a heartwarming story about figuring out what you want in life, and taking risks that are worth finding love and happiness.

Summer Stafford moves back home to her family's farm after graduating from college. She has broken up with her boyfriend, and is going to help her father run their farm after her parents' recent divorce. Summer has pent-up anger at her mother, because she feels it's all her mother's fault that her parents got divorced. Summer had always thought her parents' love was ideal, but she is disappointed and feels deceived when she finds out that it was all a lie. She is now skeptical about whether true love really does exist.

Ford O'Neal is the temporary intern at Summer's farm. Ford is different from your everyday guy: his parents are hippies, and he's an herbalist. He is a thought-provoking, challenging, and real type of guy who knows what he wants out of life.

When Summer and Ford meet there is an instant connection and mutual attraction between them. Ford's positive outlook on life has Summer questioning the way she thinks about herself and her life, and likewise Summer challenges Ford to take a new look at what he would take a risk on in life as well.

A Risk Worth Taking is told in the first person alternating narrative of Summer and Ford. The story flows so smoothly, it is easy to draw the reader into Summer and Ford's journey. I loved the connection that they had, and as their relationship developed, both Ford and Summer's way of viewing life and love change as they fall in love with each other. As their relationship grew, Ford and Summer have both found things worth taking a risking for, and they've both realized what they truly want in life. I loved following their journey of falling in love and discovering the world through new eyes because of each other. Their love is real and passionate, making it easy for the reader to connect so well with them.

A Risk Worth Taking is a wonderful New Adult romance that will have the reader believing that love really is a risk worth taking!

Disclaimer: I received a copy of the book from the author / publisher in exchange for my honest review and participation in a virtual book tour event hosted by Mark My Words Book Publicity.

http://jerseygirlbookreviews.blogspot.com/2014/06/a-risk-worth-taking-by-heather... ( )
  JerseyGirlBookReview | Jun 23, 2014 |

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,019,914 books! | Top bar: Always visible