Midnight Crossroad by Charlaine Harris

Midnight Crossroad

by Charlaine Harris

Series: Midnight, Texas (1)

Liked it a lot. It was fun and quirky. Much better than the Sookie Stackhouse books in that none of the characters are quite as blatantly stupid as she was. ( )
  fierce_bunny | Aug 10, 2017 |
Phone psychic Manfred Bernardo moves into the small, remote community of Midnight where he finds himself fitting right in among eccentrics who keep to themselves. There's a vampire who is a night clerk at an antique shop, his violent human girlfriend, goodhearted Bobo, Fiji the witch and her talking cat, and the taciturn Rev. Personally, I think the book reads better than the Skokie Stack house novels and I enjoy the pacing as the storyline gradually takes place, its highlights intermixed with the revelation of secrets of the Midnight residents. A lot of fun, a very satisfying read. ( )
  NickHowes | Aug 3, 2017 |
It's been a while since I've read Charlaine Harris (true blood series). When I heard this trilogy was being made into a tv show, I ran out and got the first book. I absolutely loved it! All the characters are great and funny (especially the cat!). Just like True Blood, there are strange characters in the town of Midnight, TX. A murder happens and the town comes together to figure out who is the murderer. I did not figure out the killer at all. Kudos! Looking forward to reading the next two in the series and watching the show. ( )
  booklover3258 | Jul 31, 2017 |
I enjoyed this. I liked all the characters that make up the town and thought the story was a good one. I will continue to read the series and hope it doesn't eventually end like the Sookie series. ( )
  boogirl13 | May 23, 2017 |
I really enjoyed this story. I like how she references all her other series in some way or other. ( )
  Deelightful | May 15, 2017 |

Charlaine Harrisprimary authorall editionscalculated
Bennett, SusanNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Estrada, SigridAuthor photosecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Estreicher, TiffanyDesignersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Freeda, RichardAntiques displayed endpaper photosecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Knight, DougTurquoise rings endpaper photosecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Lagerman, JudithCover designersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Rogers, ChrisStarfield cover photosecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
spirit of americaRed truck cover photosecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Syme, HughCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
As always, this is for my readers. I hope you like this new world and its people.
You might pass through the town of Midnight with noticing it, if there weren't a stoplight at the intersection of Witch Light Road and the Davy highway.

FIRST IN A NEW TRILOGY

From Charlaine Harris, the bestselling author who created Sookie Stackhouse and her world of Bon Temps, Louisiana, comes a darker locale—populated by more strangers than friends. But then, that’s how the locals prefer it…

Welcome to Midnight, Texas, a town with many boarded-up windows and few full-time inhabitants, located at the crossing of Witch Light Road and Davy Road. It’s a pretty standard dried-up western town.

There’s a pawnshop (someone lives in the basement and is seen only at night). There’s a diner (people who are just passing through tend not to linger). And there’s new resident Manfred Bernardo, who thinks he’s found the perfect place to work in private (and who has secrets of his own).

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:18:06 -0400)

"FIRST IN A NEW TRILOGY From Charlaine Harris, the bestselling author who created Sookie Stackhouse and her world of Bon Temps, Louisiana, comes a darker locale-populated by more strangers than friends. But then, that's how the locals prefer it. Welcome to Midnight, Texas, a town with many boarded-up windows and few full-time inhabitants, located at the crossing of Witch Light Road and Davy Road. It's a pretty standard dried-up western town. There's a pawnshop (someone lives in the basement and is seen only at night). There's a diner (people who are just passing through tend not to linger). And there's new resident Manfred Bernardo, who thinks he's found the perfect place to work in private (and who has secrets of his own). Stop at the one traffic light in town, and everything looks normal. Stay awhile, and learn the truth... "--… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,929,879 books! | Top bar: Always visible