The Dark Between the Stars by Kevin J.…

The Dark Between the Stars (2014)

by Kevin J. Anderson

Series: Saga of Shadows (1), Saga of Seven Suns (book 8)

Recently added byKittey, stephenandcissa, MommaTracey, private library, ac87, obsidianvil, ustamills, kristyMack, daves0

Great SciFi read. Just the kind I like with great plot and interesting characters.
Little hard to follow at first mainly because there are so many different actors in this drama but,
God love him, the author included a glossary which really helped me keep everyone straight.
This is a series book and I can't wait to read the next one.
Been a while since I've found a great SciFi book I haven't read, so happy to have found this one. Highly recommend it. ( )
  KarenHerndon | Apr 20, 2017 |
It took me a week or so to wade through this monster. It is an easy and undemanding read, with plenty of action, and pretty much no surprises. The major plot points are telegraphed way in advance. It is a return to Anderson's 'Seven Suns' Universe, where following the resolution of the travails of that septology, a new menace from the Ildiran race's nightmares makes a return.
I'd recommend it for reading on a long flight or train journey, where page-turnability is more important than characters you can care about. Maybe KJH is the Dan Brown of SF.
  orkydd | Feb 2, 2017 |
I didn't finish the book; got to page 100 (out of 700-some on my ebook reader). There were too many different viewpoints and story arcs going on, with too little development and connection between them. The characters (and some of the setting) seemed too cardboard-cutout. And the new threat and alien presence promised in the blurb has yet to be made clear. ( )
  teknognome | Nov 14, 2016 |
Started this and found it not to my taste because it leaned heavily to fantasy and seemed to take itself far too seriously.
  DLMorrese | Oct 14, 2016 |
One dimensional, not able to finish ( )
  Matt_B | Nov 23, 2015 |

Kevin J. Andersonprimary authorall editionscalculated
Youll, StephenCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
He had to run, and he fled with the boy out into the dark spaces between the stars.

"Twenty years after the elemental conflict that nearly tore apart the cosmos in The Saga of Seven Suns, a new threat emerges from the darkness. The human race must set aside its own inner conflicts to rebuild their alliance with the Ildiran Empire for the survival of the galaxy. In Kevin J. Anderson's The Dark Between the Stars, galactic empires clash, elemental beings devastate whole planetary systems, and factions of humanity are pitted against each other. Heroes rise and enemies make their last stands in the climax of an epic tale seven years in the making. "--… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,936,674 books! | Top bar: Always visible