Dimension M by Scott Wyatt

Dimension M

by Scott Wyatt

212,551,640 (2.5)None
Recently added byPreetiD, kara.shamy

Dimension M is an unusual and ultimately worthwhile novel distinguished by the readily apparent idealism and earnest approach of author Scott Wyatt. Wyatt states his intention to avoid the trap of burying the virtues of a novel in details surrounding an ideological theme. Considering how seriously Wyatt takes the ideas associated with his inspiration for the novel (my edition includes an appendix numbering over 100 pages that serves as an exposition of "The Sanori Flag Debate", an idea related to the novel's inspiration important to Wyatt), his achievement of this feat is really quite impressive. What stuck out the most for me was the careful cultivation of three-dimensional characters throughout the book. Indeed, I expected this to be more of a plot-driven read, but I would say this is actually a character-driven story based on my actual experience. Thank you for reading my thoughts; I am grateful to have won my copy of this book in a goodreads giveaway. ( )
  kara.shamy | Feb 15, 2014 |
“We’re in,” whispered Fatimah.

I took this description directly from press kit materials found on the author's website:

When Sammamish [Washington, USA] attorney and author Scott Wyatt traveled to the former Soviet Union in 1985, he had no idea that his experiences would inspire the founding of a global initiative. Nor could he have imagined that the companion flag project—dedicated to the celebration of all that human beings have in common—would find its way into an international political thriller that he would pen twenty-eight years later. Enter Dimension M.

Idealists Alden Frost and Fatimah Ibrahim break into a school in Uzbekistan to raise the companion flag, but this is more than just a school. It’s the secret repository for the Şahin Diary, an exposé on the Armenian genocide. The diary has been held under seal since the end of World War I, not to be opened for 200 years. If its contents are publicized, the government of Turkey could fall, destabilizing the Middle East. After Alden’s and Fatimah’s arrest, it’s discovered that the diary is missing. Forces and interests around the world are mobilized to find it, either to return it to hiding, or to publicize its contents. Alden and Fatimah find themselves squarely in the crosshairs.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,998,057 books! | Top bar: Always visible