The Goddaughter's Revenge (Rapid Reads) by…

The Goddaughter's Revenge (Rapid Reads)

by Melodie Campbell

This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
A easy, fun read! A quirky family of characters that often made me laugh out loud. The author has a great sense of humour with the talent to bring it to the written page to share with the reader. Best of all I live and grew up in "The Hammer" and really enjoyed the references to places, streets,etc that I know. This was my first read by this author thanks to winning a copy of this book via LibraryThing Early Reviewers. ( )
  LorettaR | Oct 10, 2014 |
I received the third book, the Artful Goddaughter, free as part of the LibraryThing Early Reviewer program. When I heard that, I bought the previous two so I could read the whole story. While each does a nice job of being a stand along story, having read the previous two made the third that much better. All were funny, faced-paced, easy stories that would make a great beach read. Campbell is has an excellent eye for the quirks of families and she created some memorable ones. Stories like these three could easily disolve into a mess of sterotypes, but Campbell avoids that with a deft hand. I enjoyed these works immensely. I look forward to reading the next ones! ( )
  empress8411 | Aug 31, 2014 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Well . . . everyone has pretty much said what I wanted to say. It was a fun book that made me laugh and that is what a good author is about, eh? I will definitely be looking to see what else Melodie Campbell has! I'm very grateful for this Early Reviewer program that drops gems into my lap that I may never have read. ( )
  sdmtngirl | Jan 7, 2014 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I received this book in exchange for a review. It was a fun, quick read. Very funny. I look forward to reading more books in this series. ( )
  myerskt | Dec 28, 2013 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
A Rapid Reads book, lots of personality, humour, zany characters and a fun read, short and compact. The action and dialogue is so reminiscent of an old Black and White madcap movie set in modern day I knew immediately I would enjoy it. The characters are all written with their individual IDs intact and ready to go.

Melodie Campbell has an ability to take a storyline by the roots and shake it up with often hilarious results. This the second book I have read by this author, both from different series. Still, the author's innate ability to create fantastic stories is the foundation of both series.

Here we have Gina Gallow, the goddaughter of a Mob Boss and owner of her own jewelry store. Though she doesn't want to be part of 'The Family' business, she is not beyond eliciting help when she needs it, even enlisting her fiance in her capers. Who else would be burglarizing to steal fake gems to replace with the real thing? And what about the Lone Rearranger? Who but Melodie Campbell would pull off this zany story of family characters with their crazy personalities? Which comes first, loyalty to family or loyalty to the job? Loved this romp; Melodie, I will happily follow wherever your books will take me! ( )
  readerbynight | Nov 24, 2013 |
For Dave, who has gamely put up with my whacky Italian family for decades.
Okay, I admit it.

Canuck bauble shop

Robbed by gangsta cousin

Must thieve to replace
(Lizbeth978)

"When jewelry-store owner Gina Gallo and her boyfriend Pete take a week's vacation, she leaves the store in the hands of her cousin from New York. After all, cousin Carmine is a certified gemologist--but Carmine is also in the Mob. When Gina gets back, she discovers that her cousin has spent his time switching real gems for fakes in the jewelry of some of her best customers. With her reputation on the line, what's a Mob goddaughter to do? Mastermind a string of burglaries to get the gems back, of course But nothing ever goes entirely smoothly for Gina. Soon she and her eccentric cousin Nico are the toast of the town, as the local paper and everyone else follow the antics of their very own Pink Panthers"--Provided by the publisher.… (more)

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alum

Melodie Campbell's book The Goddaughter's Revenge was available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,026,116 books! | Top bar: Always visible