Love's Last Fling by Mariah Wiliams

by Mariah Wiliams

113,689,591 (4)None
Recently added byjgrwriter

No tags.

(3.5 stars, but I rounded up for lessons learned)

"Love's Last Fling" is a book about lessons. It's about being satisfied with our choices. Kath is married to a seemingly nice man, Kyle. Ten years earlier, she had a good friendship with Jack. Their friendship was just that until Jack claimed her one night. Kath was never the same afterwards. Now back to the present day, Jack is back (please excuse the rhyming). He is married and seeking a divorce attorney, which Kath happens to be. He seeks her out and pleads his case for her. Old feelings reappear and Kath almost forgets that she had a family. Kath is caught up between her past and present: between what could've been, perhaps what was meant to never happen and the life she's come to value. So, what does she decide? I don't do spoilers, so you'll have to read the book to find out.
I will say this much, I did not like the main character Kath. I really couldn't figure out what she ever saw in Jack and why she threw caution to the wind for this man. Granted, this was a short story and there might not have been enough details given in order to get into their minds. I thought that Kath was too simple and stupid. Jack was unappealing for me. The only person that I had any emotions for was Kyle. And then there were some inconsistencies in the plot. Since Jack had disappeared out of Kath's life, never to be heard from until he needed her, his reappearance was too convenient. Some of the places that he appeared seemed so unreal. Some of the ways he connected with her just weren't plausible. With that being said, I wanted to reiterate that there was a good lesson to be learned in Mariah Williams' short story. ( )
  jgrwriter | Oct 24, 2013 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 127,158,106 books! | Top bar: Always visible