Dream by Robbi Sommers Bryant
113,689,591 (5)None
Recently added byjgrwriter

No tags.

What a remarkable story, by an exceptionally skilled writer. Robbi Bryant truly knows how to bedazzle readers with her creative writing abilities.

When I began reading "Dream", I was not sure of what to expect. Granted, the first word you came across was 'handcuffs'. I took a deep breath and proceeded on. By the end of the book, I was introduced to shape-shifting animals, conniving butterflies and a realistic dream world that could actual lead you to believe that "reality" is a dream itself. And I loved every bit of this experience. In fact, the writing toyed with my mind, as well as my perception of reality.

So, was "Dream" relatable? Heck yeah! What I found was a troubled woman by the name of Veronica. And Robbi Bryant quickly revealed that Veronica had issues, as many of us do; however, her issues were quite unexpected ones. She is married to a Joe, apparently in love, and yet highly unsatisfied. Nevertheless, her husband accepts her as the nymphomaniac that she is. Yet clearly, there is something that is missing in Veronica's life. She longs for something more, but just doesn't know what it is. So, as with many women, wing it and overindulge ourselves in unfulfilling pleasures. In all honesty, I believe there are many women in the world like Veronica that are just afraid to admit it. And consequently, that might be my reason for enjoying the book as much as I do. Veronica meets an artist named Andrew and he opens up her mind, allowing her to recapture what she lost many years ago.

"Dream" takes Veronica on a journey of sorts. It fills in the blanks that many years of therapy could never do. And although the novel is meant to be paranormal or fantasy, I believe there is much symbolism involved from start to finish. This is the kind of work that causes you to sit back and reflect on life. The author's narrative was a powerful instrument that came alive for me. I can not stress enough how it was just so vivid and jumped right off of the pages. I wish I could give so much more in my review; however, I do not believe in giving spoilers, so I will go no further.

Nevertheless, I highly recommend this remarkable book to anyone that enjoys a novel that will serenade with creativity. Robbi Bryant is quite masterful at what she does. ( )
  jgrwriter | Oct 24, 2013 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 127,325,261 books! | Top bar: Always visible