The Founding Farmers Cookbook: 100 Recipes…

The Founding Farmers Cookbook: 100 Recipes for True Food & Drink from the…

by Founding Farmers

92950,433 (3)None

I received an advance review copy of The Founding Farmers Cookbook: 100 Recipes for True Food & Drink from the Restaurant Owned by American Family Farmers by Founding Farmers with Nevin Martell (Andrews McMeel Publishing) through NetGalley.com.

I think that one of the signs of a good restaurant cookbook is that it makes you want to have a meal there, to meet the people mentioned and to taste the dishes in their native habitat. By this criteria, The Founding Farmers Cookbook fails. After reading the book I have no interest in the place at all. Which is not to say that you will feel the same way, of course. If you haven't read many local food cookbooks you might find lots here to think about, but I have been in the local food movement since the beginning and this is old hat for me.

This is a beginner's cookbook with comfortable food. There are far far too many quotes about food from the likes of Lyndon Johnson, Benjamin Franklin and "Elizabeth Robbins Pennell, pioneering American food writer". ( )
  Dokfintong | Jan 26, 2014 |
Farm fresh, down-home cooking recipes brought to you by the culinary team at Founding Farmers.

As a gardener myself, I end up doing a lot of canning and preserving at the end of the season. I loved that the first set of recipes were things to be canned. Classics such as dill pickles and new twists such as green tomato chow-chow were included.

The Starters and Snacks had some great surprised like bacon lollies that would please any bacon-holic! There is also a salad section with many fresh ideas, which many cookbooks overlook.

Main dishes included everything from burgers to chicken and waffles to a seven-cheese mac and cheese that I can not wait to try!

Overall, a great addition for kitchens and cooks that enjoy a farm-to-table approach.

This Advanced Reading Copy was provided for free from Net Galley in exchange for an honest review. ( )
  Mishker | Oct 25, 2013 |

Nestled in the nation's capital, Founding Farmers offers traditional homegrown fare made with fresh ingredients from family farms, ranches, and fisheries across the country. Now you can use the same farm-to-table philosophy to indulge in traditional American dishes such as Yankee pot roast, Southern pan-fried chicken and waffles, and seven-cheese mac & cheese -- from more than 100 different recipe choices -- at home. They are easy to make using fresh ingredients that are grown right here in the United States and can be found at your local farmers' market or grocery store.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 125,407,865 books! | Top bar: Always visible