Insider (Exodus End, #1) by Olivia Cunning

Insider (Exodus End, #1)

by Olivia Cunning

3.5 stars
Insider is about an introverted young woman stepping out of her comfort zone for once to interview Exodus End for her job. She never expects to find the band so welcoming. Logan, the other main character, never pictured himself as the type to fall for a girl. A relationship doesn't really fit into his free and adventurous lifestyle. Toni's sincerity soon wins everyone over.

Despite Toni's inexperience, I liked the fact that this book didn't drag out them getting to know each other. Much of the story is information. Toni is learning as she goes about the band members, what all is involved in a tour and why sex is such a big deal so the reader takes lessons with her.

There is a huge betrayal from someone in the storyline. Even though the book is over, I'm still not over that. The quickness with which it was handled did not satisfy me.

I liked Toni and Logan. They're both genuinely good people. The best part of the novel to me is all of the band members interacting. Also Exodus End is often with other bands so it's great getting pieces of everyone. Fans of the author's other books which include some of these characters are sure to love it. Each band mate is unique in attitude, history and actions. Ground work is laid for all of their individual novels, and I can't wait to read them.

***Copy given in exchange for an honest review***

toni

FangirlMoments and My Two Cents

FULL REVIEW CAN BE FOUND AT http://fangirlmomentsandmytwocents.blogspot.com/2015/07/insider-by-olivia-cunnin... ( )
  ToniFGMAMTC | Jan 19, 2017 |
Insider

The Characters:

Antonia “Toni” Nichols: I like that Toni stayed herself throughout the book. She doesn’t go from geek girl to glamour girl like so many stories do.
Logan Schmidt: A little immature but likable.

The Story:

I liked Toni and Logan’s journey. There was some insta-love in the beginning however once you get passed that it’s a really good love story.

The Random Thoughts:

Exodus End
Dare Mills - Lead Guitarist
Steve Amines - Drummer
Maximilian Richardson - Lead Singer
Regan Elliot - Rhythm guitarist (temp*)

100th book of the year!!!

4 Stars ( )
  bookjunkie57 | Aug 27, 2015 |
A romance book about metal musicians? I just had to read it. I have no regrets.

Of course there wasn't anything new in this book (especially the naive 'I'm not pretty' heroine). But I still liked all the characters, who were very different from each other and I was amused through the whole book; exactly what I wanted. I'm really interested in the stories of the other band members, too (especially Reagan with her men). The sex scenes... Very different from each other as well, very playful, very hot.

So, why didn't I give 5 stars? There were a few things, which bothered me. Of course Insta-love. Why, oh why? Then there was slut talk (mostly Toni about herself - and not in the kinky way). The obsession with her big breasts got on my nerve, too. Sorry. And a 'pussy' can do way more than just throb. Still I really enjoyed reading Toni and Logan's story.

If you want to feel like you're going on tour with a hot band... this is the book for you!

I was provided by NetGalley with an ARC in exchange for a honest review. Thank you. ( )
  bookstogetlostin | Jul 26, 2015 |

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,081,652 books! | Top bar: Always visible