Making the Cut (Saving Dallas, #2) by Kim…

Making the Cut (Saving Dallas, #2)

by Kim Jones

Sinner's Creed was well written story about a member of an MC and the woman that he falls for. Having said that, I can also add that the book made me angry. I read stories labeled as "romance" for the escape from realism that they offer and the resulting reduction of everyday stress. This book takes tragedy and heartbreak and wraps it up in a pretty bow and calls it romance. If I want tragedy and heartbreak, I can find it in other sections of the bookstore, in the newspaper, or better yet, just by getting up in the morning and going to work. I don't know if I should blame the company who published and marketed the book or the author.
The story is about Dirk, a long-time member of the Sinner's Creed MC. Dirk believes that the things that he has seen and done killed his soul long ago and that he is destined for eternal damnation. After several brief chance encounters with Saylor, they finally get together and Dirk realizes that against all odds, he is in love. It isn't long, however, before tragedy strikes and Dirk finds that his happiness as well as his life will be short-lived.
Another aggravating aspect of the book is the preachy injection of religion that almost classifies this an inspirational story of love and redemption. Supposedly, Kim Jones tells this story from experience inside an MC, which just makes the way this story is told even harder to take.
This book has received much critical acclaim that I'm sure will keep the author writing for a long time to come, but personally, I will find it difficult to read another one of her stories.
  Mrslabraden | Jun 28, 2017 |

FGMAMTC Blog Review  Teasers
Delilah gets free room and board plus a set amount in cash each week to be available to the lonely men of the club. She bartends, cooks and attends to sexual needs. From the title, I was expecting total raunchiness and debauchery to be the ruling elements, but I soon found out that she's a real asset to the club. They genuinely like her, including the old ladies.

Delilah has her issues. She tends to hurt and sabotage herself on the down low while maintaining an in control appearance in front of her MC family. Of course she isn't fooling everyone, and some want to help her, including the big and scary-looking Bryce. He identifies her demons immediately.

I love the attitudes and dialogue between the characters. They're sexy, sassy, serious, playful, the whole range really. I like them not being too caught up in the badass MC mindset behavior. I also like that even though this book is sexual, it isn't hung up over the sex. There's major story going on around all the sex. Clubwhore has hints of BDSM, but it isn't an actual BDSM story. I loved it, and I'll definitely be looking for more from this author.

***Copy given in exchange for an honest review***

Fangirl Moments and My Two Cents

Website / Facebook / Twitter / Google  / Pinterest / Goodreads / Tumblr / tsū / Bloglovin'

ToniFGMAMTC | Jan 19, 2017 |

She went searching for a one night stand and ended up falling in love with Luke Carmical, President of the Devil’s Renegades Motorcycle Club. Now she must decide how to handle the aftermath of Frankie’s brutal assault and the knowledge that Luke has been lying to her- about everything. Secrets are revealed and more lies exposed as Dallas Knox, CEO of Knox Companies, becomes more involved in the MC. She wonders if this life is enough for her, if this family is really what she wants. When circumstances present her with an unusual twist of fate, Dallas knows without a doubt, thatthis is the family she has longed for. New problems occur, traumatic events take place and lives hang in the balance as Dallas has to decide what is really most important in life. The journey is long. The outcome is uncertain. Can she Make the Cut?

Tantor Media

An edition of this book was published by Tantor Media.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,095,562 books! | Top bar: Always visible