XGeneration 1: You Don't Know Me by…

XGeneration 1: You Don't Know Me

by Brad Magnarella

XGeneration 1: You Don’t Know Me by Brad Magnarella is a great piece of science fiction!

Scott and Janis are both freshmen in high school and they have both noticed the development of powers outside human norms. Scott can access electronics with his mind, while Janis not only can astral project when she sleeps, but she also has precognitive and telekinetic abilities. They used to be friends in elementary school, but in middle school, they drifted apart. Now as freshmen, their newfound abilities bring them together again. Not only does Scott have to deal with his new ability, he gives himself a makeover (from nerd to prep), has several encounters with bullies, and has to deal with his love for Janis. Janis, on the other hand, has a sister with the ability to manipulate anyone to do anything, a fear that the neighbor is watching her sister that no one is taking seriously, and a new boyfriend. Janis and Scott work together to solve the mystery surrounding her neighbor.

XGeneration 1: You Don’t Know Me is a fantastic book for anyone who likes Mutant X or X Men type stories.
  maggiemay1992 | Oct 30, 2014 |
This book was fantastic. I enjoy all the 80's references and the power themes. I'm excited to see where Scott and habits end up in this puzzle of conspiracy. ( )
  88hiddenhammers | Sep 19, 2014 |
This was a really enjoyable book that I didn’t want to end. I’m not normally too keen on reading books about teenagers as I find most writers follow the main themes of growing up, high school, romance etc, but even though this book contained all of that, there was something really great about the way it was written and how it flowed so well, the characters were like-able, conversations were natural and easy and I found myself rooting for Janis and Scott. I like a book to have some mystery about it and the added concept of Janis feeling watched by Mr Leonard the neighbour really ramped up the fear factor for me. When it got to the climax when one of the characters gets seriously injured, I found the tenderness that emerged between Janis and Scott really touching and I found myself getting a bit teary which to me is a sign of a really good writer. I would love to know what happens next in this very promising series! ( )
  Bookworm1985 | Aug 26, 2014 |
A thoroughly captivating novel with many plot twists! With suspense, angst, humour, a hint of romance, and several superpowers, this novel will appeal to teens and adults alike, although I must say that, as an adult, I especially enjoyed all those 80's references. I will definitely be picking up the sequel! ( )
  madamediotte | Aug 21, 2014 |
There were a lot of 80's references that I could easily for me to relive. I enjoyed that part of the setting quite a bit. I think the book was intended for young adult, but like most of that genre is fine for adult reading as well. The story had a bit of a slow start for me, but as the powers develop so does the intrigue/interest. The characters were well developed and likable, since they were so easy to relate to. ( )
  marquillon | Jun 2, 2014 |

In the fall of 1984, Cold War tensions between Washington and Moscow are close to breaking.

But in sleepy Gainesville, Florida, fourteen-year-old Janis Graystone is mainly worried about starting high school, earning a spot on the varsity soccer team, and keeping her older sister from running her life. And then there are her nighttime experiences. Experiences where she awakens in her backyard—out of her body—with the disturbing sense that someone is watching her.

For Scott Spruel, the start of high school means the chance to start over. And he’s willing to ditch everything—computer hacking, Dungeons & Dragons marathons, even his comic book collection (well, except for his X-Men)—if it means getting closer to Janis, the secret love of his life. But will Scott’s past be so easy to shed? And what about the eerie delay on his telephone, a delay he senses through powers he is only beginning to understand?

Welcome to the gripping new series, XGeneration: part X-Files, part Freaks and Geeks, and totally ’80s.

Rated 14+ for language

LibraryThing Member Giveaway

Brad Magnarella's book XGeneration 1: You Don't Know Me was available from LibraryThing Member Giveaway.

Brad Magnarella is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

is also the author Brad Magnarella.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,682,295 books! | Top bar: Always visible