Chasing Air by DeLaine Roberts

Chasing Air

by DeLaine Roberts

112820,536 (4)None

I really enjoyed this book. At times I felt as though certain aspects were rushed a bit and maybe could have been left out or should have been more developed (like the johnathon/mak thing) but that really didn't take much away from the story.

I found the love scenes quite enjoyable. So many writers are going the more erotic route. It was nice to see romance. It also did not have fluffy/cheesy romance which I hate. It was just a beautiful love affair.

I would recommend this to those interested in reading a good romantic story intertwined with a bit of mystery.

**I received this as a Goodreads Giveaway in exchange for a review** ( )
  Amy_J | Mar 4, 2014 |
This novel tells the story of two talented and damaged people trying to move on with their lives. Makenzie (Mak) Holder is a Emergency Medicine physician, due to be named chief. She loves her job, despite the exhausting work of trying to save lives, which is often a heartbreak. Senseless murders and accidents really tear at her soul. She feels like she is "Chasing Air."
Mak moved to Texas 9 mos ago to escape her Mafia husband by staging her own death. She was helped by the U. S. Marshall Service, and is now in very deep cover under witness protection. She is not allowed contact with any family members, and they believe she a dead.

Detective Ryler Buchanan believes in his career and works very hard to catch the "bad guys." He meets Dr. Holder after a senseless drive by shooting, that puts a young girl in her trauma room. He intrudes on a conversation she is having with the parents, she is trying to be compassionate, he is trying to get information to start working the case. Their first meeting is an angry one. Two passionate people working toward the same ending, but taking different routes. But, the attraction is there. Neither have interest in a relationship. Ryler is divorced, and has lost his belief in love. Somehow, these two people manage a friendship. Mak runs into a very tall, dark and gorgeous man called Jonathan Bain at her condo's pool. He immediately makes his interest in Mak known. She is a bit dazzled with the wining and dining, but something is disturbing about his behavior.

I fell in love with this novel when I saw the cover. A side look at a very beautiful woman in an amazing copper color dress. She is gazing off into space with a look of hope in her eyes. This novel does have hope, danger, violence and a beautiful love story. At times it seems this couple can never surrender there hearts. This is a romance, they find a way.

I have read Ms. Roberts other novels, and this one is also well worth a read. ( )
  Pat.Egan.Fordyce | Oct 26, 2013 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,645,591 books! | Top bar: Always visible