The Guardians by T. M. Franklin

The Guardians

by T. M. Franklin

The Guardians picks up shortly after More with Ava and Caleb in a comfortable relationship, Ava is trying to live a normal life while still working on trying to improve and control her abilities. However, she is still watched by Protectors of the Race. Caleb is called away on a few Guardian missions for the Race. When he doesn't return from a mission, Ava compels a Protector, Tiernan, to help her find him. They find out that Ava has been set-up for murder and Caleb has been brainwashed to help the Rouges. With the help of the Guardians they have to figure out who went to all this trouble and why.

A suspenseful and exciting second book. Everyone is on the run from everyone else, and no one seems to know why. With the addition of Emma, who has the ability to implant memories and scramble thoughts, a new element of danger is introduced; can you even trust yourself and your own memories? I loved that Ava's powers were fully explored within this book and that Caleb and Ava's relationship continued to grow. I'm curious about the extent of the bond between two members of the Race. Now I'm also curious about the full purpose of the Twelve , I'll have to see in the next installment.

This book was received for free in return for an honest review. ( )
  Mishker | Oct 9, 2014 |
BOOK REVIEW BY RENEE ROBINSON
ISBN: 9781612131719 , The Guardians, by T.M. Franklin's – Part 2 of a trilogy. Tells of college student, Ava Michaels. She is intelligent, funny, and “the girl nextdoor” type. She is in love with Caleb Foster who comes up missing. Throughout Ava's efforts to find Caleb, her life and others are at risk as The Rogues, a rebellious group of the race, follow plans of of their own which take everyone by surprise. I can't wait to read the final book. This story is creative, riveting and original. It is a must of the shelf of all sci-fi, fantasy and even paranormal buffs. ( )
  ReneeRobinson | May 4, 2014 |
Put away your “Middle Book Syndrome” GIFs, The Guardians is about to blow that concept out of the water. Beginning just months after the conclusion of More, the first book in the series, The Guardians plot picks up fast and drags you right from page one to the very end.

Once again, Ava comes across as a strong and smart young woman. She’s coming into her powers and working hard to improve them while spending time with her beloved Caleb. She’s not entirely human, she’s considered a threat by the ruling power in her supernatural world, and she’s fighting to prove her innocence after being accused of a crime she didn’t commit. Did I mention she’s also trying to find Caleb after he went all pull-away-be-a-jerk-disappear on her? Yeah, the girl has a lot on her plate. But with a little help from some surprising sources, she powers her way through.

And Caleb – never have the words “I’m sorry” ripped my little heart in the two like they did when Caleb said them. He’s still strong and supportive of Ava, though you kind of want to whack him upside the head for a few chapters. Even in the limited scenes he has in the book, you get to see his respect for Ava and how much he cares for her. Their romance is solidly secondary to the intrigue, but the scenes with Caleb and Ava together are sweet enough to warm your little romance-loving heart even as that damn plot makes you question everything you’ve ever known about the characters in the series. But still…I love Caleb.

And did I mention my new and super-surprising crush on Guardian Tiernan? Yeah, he gets a little shelf in my heart all to himself. The banter between him and Ava had me chuckling more than once, and his character truly surprised me. I love when that happens.

I gave this book four stars. The growth of all the characters (both primary and secondary) along with a suspense-filled plotline had me loving this book from the very first page. There is a real growth in backstory in this installment of the series, and it makes me even more excited to get my hands on the final book when it comes out. T.M. Franklin is definitely an author to stalk…erm, I mean support. ( )
  ThesePrettyWords | Oct 26, 2013 |

T. M. Franklin is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,619,792 books! | Top bar: Always visible