Love, Line-Break by Julie Meronek

Love, Line-Break

by Julie Meronek

611,268,033 (3)None

I was lucky enough to receive a copy of this book through a Goodreads giveaway. Maybe because I'd read somewhere that this was literary fiction, I had high expectations for this novel. I expected an original stylistic approach or plot angle in this story of a woman's romantic coming of age. I was disappointed in this expectation of novelty, but as I've suggested my expectations probably weren't realistic. What is realistic is the perspective of the story's narrator and protagonist. She is wholly emotionally accessible to the reader; the vulnerability of the storyteller draws the reader in. Plus, the character is likely to be relatable to many readers even without this intimacy between reader and the narrator. While the plot of this novel could be called hackneyed, the feelings are fresh and the narrative voice is intelligent. My final impression of Love, Line-Break is: A smartly written contemporary romance that features other recognizable elements of a modern young woman's personal world (e.g. close friendships with members of the opposite sex) in affecting and broadly relatable ways. ( )
  kara.shamy | Jan 9, 2014 |

Sometimes distance and timing can get in the way of what would otherwise be. What if you got that second chance? That’s what Sarah Reder is asking herself when Kellan Parker, an ex-friend, an ex-maybe-something-more, is suddenly back in her life, even if it’s only for a weekend. Will she ditch her stable but boring boyfriend Ben? And what will Kellan do about his live-in yet absent girlfriend Alice? Sometimes the shortest time periods can feel like the longest moments. Will one weekend be enough time to fix five years of silence, or will it just bring all the old fights back to the surface?

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:12:57 -0400)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 126,462,290 books! | Top bar: Always visible