Cancer Nutrition and Recipes For Dummies by…

Cancer Nutrition and Recipes For Dummies

by Christina T. Loguidice

312,001,085 (5)None

I have a pre-cancer instead of cancer and I thought that "Cancer Nutrition and Recipes for Dummies" might be valuable for avoiding cancer.

Besides giving the reader some basic information about cancer, it goes into "Clean Eating" in detail. It also gives you the lowdown about cancer fighting foods, herbs and spices. I love that it tells the full story by warning of side effects of eating too much of those too. I learn that it is better to not eat too much ginger if you are on warfarin,a blood thinner because it may increase the bleeding risk. I didn't know that chilipeppers are good for your digestion. There are pages about what are the safest materials for pots and pans.

This book even helps you be informed about what to eat at restaurants and how to deal with a weak immune system. It is chock full of tips and information to help your survive.

While I hope that I don't end up experiencing cancer. I know that this book is a great reference book for dealing with side effects from chemotherapy and radiation treatments. It tells what to do if you are struggling with undesired weight loss, upset stomach, mouth sores, dry mouth, fatigue and many others.

If I had a friend who has cancer, I would not hesitate to buy this book for him or her. ( )
  Carolee888 | Oct 29, 2013 |

Cancer treatments can be as hard on the body as the disease itself. This guide focuses on foods best tolerated during-- and that can ease side effects of-- cancer treatment. It also offers advice for menu planning, nutritional analysis, and more.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,718,407 books! | Top bar: Always visible