Alice in Wonderland by Nancy Christie

Alice in Wonderland

by Nancy Christie

Alice's wonderland is in books in this tale. Poor Alice's reality is taking care of her "ill" mother. When Alice takes her to the Dr. Alice actually prays to hear the word "Terminal" but does not. She continues to live through the small little bookshelf they have in their home. ( )
  MonicaLynn | Dec 3, 2013 |
This is the story of Alice, who has given up her job and her life to take care of her sick mother. Alice copes by escaping to her travel books / magazines.

I felt like the story was over before it began and I had to double check that I did not miss any pages. It was a strange, dark story that left me feeling sad. ( )
  Shoosty | Nov 19, 2013 |
This was a most bizarre tale. It really was not to my liking. The plot, as I interpret it, was basically a girl/woman has lost her sanity from caring for her overbearing, ailing mother. I have read other works by Christie that I found enjoyable and thought provoking. This one didn't do for me. ( )
  Lschwarzman | Nov 7, 2013 |
Alice in Wonderland, by Nancy Christie, is a memorable short story about Alice's sad life. She is the daughter and caretaker of a demanding and ungrateful mother. Her mother finds fault with everything Alice does. From the very beginning, I was immersed into Alice's troubled existence and her coping mechanism. I was totally surprised by the ending. The author is a gifted story teller and she has crafted a story worth reading.

I received the story free of charge from Pixel Hall Press and I give this review of my own free will. ( )
  SAMANTHA100 | Nov 3, 2013 |
A dark, intriguing, powerfully-written short story , Alice in Wonderland is a quick read you won't easily forget. ( )
  SallyWienerGrotta | Nov 3, 2013 |

Nancy Christie is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 126,430,667 books! | Top bar: Always visible