The yoga store murder by Dan Morse

The yoga store murder (2013)

by Dan Morse

I was lucky enough to receive a copy of The Yoga Store Murder through a LibraryThing Member Giveaway. I enjoy true crime very much -- when it's not too unseemly to stomach. This account, written by Dan Morse, successfully satisfied this requirement. The book satiated my curiosity about the crime and its investigation without going into lurid detail or taking on a sensationalist tone. I would recommend it to readers with similar interests -- and/or reservations -- about true crime reading. ( )
  kara.shamy | Sep 28, 2014 |
This is one of the better true crime novels that I have read. It is obviously well researched and the author notes discuss the opportunity the author was given that allowed for the research. The book also dealt with all different aspects of the investigation and possible motives which some true crime novels don't do. A strong look into the psychology reasoning behind the murder was done and is appreciated by this reader. ( )
  ollie1976 | Feb 25, 2014 |
I enjoyed this true story of murder in a professional class community. Mr. Morse takes us on a journey with the police department to discover just how a murder is solved. A must read if you want to write a murder mystery. He not only shows how murder can effect a community but the devastation this crime has on families of both the victims as well as the murderer's family. I recommend this book. ( )
  msgail1953 | Feb 15, 2014 |
Wow! A true shocking murder exposed in this amazing, easy reading & full of suspense book.

I like the sensitive way that the author reveals true facts about this horrific crime, but I don’t like that this murder really happened.

The book gives us details of what evidence the investigators found in the Lululemon Athletica yoga store and what happened next days after the deceased Jayna Murray was found with more than three hundred wounds on her body. There is also information about the second person found alive in the store, the interviews that took place and what happened at the courtroom trials.

I appreciate that the author let us know a bit story of the victim’s life and the killer’s life before the tragedy and also gave us information about their families.

There are many quotes I've like in this book. Here are some of them:
“Evidence doesn't lie. People do.”
“Life is too short to miss opportunities.”
“If you’re afraid to do something, go do it.”
“With guidance, she’ll set the world on fire; without guidance, she’ll destroy herself.”
“Always moving forward. And the only way to do that was through self-awareness and self improvement.”
“Friends are more important than money.”
“Jealousy works the opposite way you want it to.”
“Believe half of what you see and none of what you hear.” ( )
  florryalyna | Dec 9, 2013 |
I had never heard of this atrocity. Having lived near Orlando at the time, the Casey Anthony thing was everywhere. I feel so bad for the families that have suffered through this ordeal. I think Mr. Morse did a terrific job on this novel. There were no boring parts in it at all. I liked how he delved into the lives of all involved. I would like to read more of his work. ( )
  croknot1 | Nov 17, 2013 |
To Dana
The sounds -- were they screams? -- reached Jana Svrzo as she walked across the sales floor of the Apple Store, now closed for the night.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0425263649, Mass Market Paperback)

The full true story of the lululemon murder and what really happened to Jayna Murray and Brittany Norwood--photos included.

It was a crime that shocked the country. On March 12, 2011, two young saleswomen were found brutally attacked inside a lululemon athletica retail store in Bethesda, Maryland, one of the nation’s wealthiest suburbs.

Thirty-year-old Jayna Murray was dead—slashed, stabbed, and struck more than three hundred times. Investigators found blood spattered on walls, and size fourteen men’s shoe prints leading away from her body.

Twenty-eight-year-old Brittany Norwood was found alive, tied up on the bathroom floor. She had lacerations, a bloody face, and ripped clothing. She told investigators that two masked men had slipped into the Bethesda lululemon store just after closing, presumably planning to rob it. She spoke of the night of terror she and her coworker had experienced. Investigators were sympathetic…but as the case went on, Brittany’s story began to unravel. Why rob a business that dealt mostly in credit cards? Why was Jayna murdered but Brittany left alive? Could the petite, polite Brittany have been involved? Most chilling of all: could she have been the killer?

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:16:18 -0400)

LibraryThing Member Giveaway

Dan Morse's book The Yoga Store Murder was available from LibraryThing Member Giveaway.

Dan Morse is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

is also the author Dan Morse.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 114,402,067 books! | Top bar: Always visible