Try Not to Die: At Grandma's House by…

Try Not to Die: At Grandma's House

by Mark Tullius, Anthony Szpak

I LOVED this book. I loved the choose your own ending books. There were many ways to die and I killed the better part of a day choosing the wrong endings :) It was suspenseful and exciting :) ( )
  lilwolfmisty | Sep 23, 2015 |
I feel like I can't give the most accurate review on this. I won the audible version of this book and from many reviews it seems to be a pick you're chapter story line. I definitely remember those as a kid where you would go to page 48 if you went left or 54 if you went right. even though the audible did have chapters in it, it didn't ask you to choose a chapter. so instead it'd go to next chapter automatically which doesn't work for the pick you're own story books. I will say that the narrator was decently good although his "women" voices were a little weird. and from what I could follow in the story definitely was different/dark which is kind of nice to have a different type of pick you're own story book. If I run into the real book I may buy it, but dk if I would buy it on amazon or go out of my way to find it. for those reason I will have to give this the dreaded average 3 star review ( )
  ryanpoole | Aug 4, 2015 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
This is a very interesting book with many ways for the main characters to die, each ending after its own separate sequence of events. This read like a video game, with many choices and one main sequence of correct answers. I liked the unusually casual morbidness of this book.
  lisa2 | Mar 20, 2014 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I have never read a choose your own path kind of book. It was great! I died about 7 times before I got to the end and then went back and read the parts I didn't read! I truly liked this book and can't wait to read another one! ( )
  KimD66 | Mar 13, 2014 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
While the idea of a horror themed choose-your-own-adventure is appealing, this particular one did not live up to my expectations. There is only one way to make it out alive, which while interesting, gets kind of old when you know that at every decision point 2/3 will end in your death. Since there is only one "correct" pathway, it felt more like reading a novel than choosing an adventure. I was also unimpressed with the deaths themselves. Many seemed to come out of nowhere and thus had no entertainment or story value. I also didn't enjoy how choosing to do something didn't necessarily mean the character would do that. Multiple times the action ended up being something completely different than what I'd chosen, again making it more of a novel and less of an adventure. ( )
  samlives2 | Feb 27, 2014 |

Mark Tulliusprimary authorall editionscalculated
Szpak, Anthonymain authorall editionsconfirmed

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alum

Mark Tullius's book Try Not to Die: At Grandma's House was available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

LibraryThing Member Giveaway

Mark Tullius's book Try Not to Die:At Grandma's House was available from LibraryThing Member Giveaway.

Mark Tullius is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,008,433 books! | Top bar: Always visible