Shadow Allegiance (Unholy Alliance) (Volume…

Shadow Allegiance (Unholy Alliance) (Volume 2)

by Lacy Yager

113820,536 (4)None

I have really enjoyed these books! They are vampire books with the most important of vampire tropes included, but with a fresh new premise. There is a lot of depth in these books through some interesting subplots that add a lot to the story.

This installment focuses on Rachel, a Chaser from the first book, and Alex, Maggie's vampire cousin. In Unholy Aliiance, Rachel was my least favorite character, even over the "bad guys." So I went into this book with a bit of trepidation... which I totally didn't need! We got to learn so much more about her, things that completely explain why she has been the way she has. We also learn a lot about Alex and discover that there is a lot more to him than what we saw in the last. I love seeing the "bad boys" fall for the girl!

One of the things I like most about this series is that the love and romance, while a part of the story, isn't the sole focus. There is so much more to this book. There are a lot of other themes going on that make the book relatable, despite the supernatural aspects.

Things to love...

--Rachel. Even more than Rachel herself, I loved what she stood for. She was a strong and independent girl who was more than capable.
--The focus. Love and romance is great, but I was glad that the focus was not on that alone.

Things I wanted more/less of...

--More Maggie. She was in this book, but her character was really not used very much.

Some Quotastic Goodness

--I hate what I've become. I hate myself. But that's nothing new (Loc. 3521).
--But she fought like a lunatic, as though she had nothing to lose, as though she didn't care if she lived or died. Like me (Loc. 3554).
--It's not a promise that he still loves me, even though I've made this awful mistake (Loc. 3675).

My Recommendation: I love these books! There is enough of traditional vampire lore to satisfy lovers of vamp fiction, but their are some new twists that make it so interesting. If you love good YA vamp fiction with some bite to it (LOL!), this is a good series to read!

This review originally appeared on my blog, http://thecaffeinateddivareads.multifacetedmama.com/?p=9283. ( )
  Kiki870 | May 2, 2014 |
Shadow allegiance, a good book to read; to be able to see the events throw the eyes of the majors characters and share their feelings is a new thing for me to discover.
And it’s a good thing, being able to feel what they feel to do what they do, soo good.
Now the book is a little bit short I found and there are a lot of things that are going on, like Shane and Maggie so many things to see through them, they are not mention a lot in the book then they should be because they are main characters after all but the author kept superficial, when she needed to mention them she just mention them like a necessity, in the course of action.
I know that the book is the story of Rachel and Alex which is a good love story by the way even if its short but still the interaction between both is fascinating, captivating and still a lot of ground to cover for them.
For the other characters like Lilly, Caleb, Hannah… at first we can read a lot about Lilly and then she just disappear which doesn’t make any sense, same thing to the others.
Like I said the book is good but a lot of things misses in it and I hope that the author will take time to cover a lot of grounds and be more deep in the characters and events in the next book. ( )
  Noussaiba | Dec 23, 2013 |
An action packed love story. A chaser of vampires is turned and falls in love with a vampire. They battle their way to a happy ending. ( )
  debbie.addis | Dec 5, 2013 |

LibraryThing Member Giveaway

Lacy Yager's book Shadow Allegiance (Unholy Alliance, #2) was available from LibraryThing Member Giveaway.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,989,508 books! | Top bar: Always visible