A Simple Crossroads: A Lancaster Crossroads…

A Simple Crossroads: A Lancaster Crossroads Novella

by Rosalind Lauer

721,138,814 (3.33)None

This novella was all over the place. It jumped from Joe and Lizzie-an Amish couple-to Juanita and Chris, who are Englisch. I felt like I walked into the middle of the story. ( )
  wearylibrarian | Jun 9, 2015 |
We are crossing two cultures here, one Amish and one English from a strong ethnic Puerto Rican family. They both help at Market Place, Juanita, an Amish wife, and Nita, trying to please her parents.
When Juanita suffers a miscarriage it is Nita that helps her, thus a strong friendship is founded. While Juanita struggles with her loss, and coping with not having a baby, she confides more and more in Nita. When Nita needs someone to talk to Juanita is there for her.
You wonder how long these two women on different paths will be able to stay friends. When Nita’s parents find out her secret, will she be able to return to the Market, or will Juanita’s Amish roots bring her home and not at work any longer?
I enjoyed how this book worked out, not always like I thought it would. Loved the compassion and faith these people showed, don’t miss excellent book by a great storyteller Rosalind Lauer. Enjoy!

I received this book through Net Galley and the Publisher Ballantine Books, and was not required to give a positive review. ( )
  alekee | Aug 25, 2014 |

Lizzy King has been blessed by nearly five years of marriage to her husband, Joe, but her heart is heavy. Grieving the child she carried only briefly, Lizzy is uncertain how to heal. In an Amish community where big families and laughing children are a way of life, she feels lost. Thank goodness for her friend Juanita, whose family owns the Puerto Rican restaurant next door to the King family's cheese shop. Nita understands the pressure and joys of a large family, and she, too, is at a crossroads. Nita's strict parents intend for her to marry a man she doesn't love--but her heart already belongs to another. Knowing the time has come to take a stand, Nita struggles to find the courage to fight for her future.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 125,567,648 books! | Top bar: Always visible