Her Favorite Mistake (Windy City Romances)…

Her Favorite Mistake (Windy City Romances)

by Barbara Lohr

I received a copy of this book for an honest review. The story gets your attention right away. Another great book by Barbara Lohr. It was so good I read it in one day. The romance of Alex and Vanessa was wonderful. You feel the emotions of the characters which make you feel a part of the story. A perfect book for the beach, lake house, or cabin so curl up and enjoy! Love, love, love books by Barbara Lohr! ( )
  booksnuggle | Aug 31, 2015 |
Her Favorite Mistake is a satisfying read about Vanessa's bid to keep the family business afloat by appearing on a game show with her sister. Little does she know, a Vegas one night stand is one of the mentors waiting to bid on her bakery. After gaining mentor-ship of the bakery, Vanessa is reminded of her steamy one night with Alex and the consequences from it.

The chemistry between Vanessa and Alex is amazing. Even with all of Vanessa's resistance, you can clearly see that the two are meant to be. The addition of Vanessa's toddler son into the mix works perfectly. All of the characters are thought out so well and blend into the story with amazing ease.

I can't wait to see more in this series from Barbara Lohr!

**I was gifted this book in exchange for an honest review. My thanks to the author and/or publisher. ( )
  Kristen11 | Jan 31, 2014 |
I was given this book in exchange for an honest review.

This was a page turner from the start. As you read you find yourself lost in the pages and -in my case don't realize it's 3am until you finish it. :) The characters are relatable and storyline is well developed. But warning if you have a sweet tooth you will be craving bakery sweets! Looking forward to the next installment and many more from this author. ( )
  sportzmomof5 | Jan 28, 2014 |
This story captured my attention from the first page. Vanessa and her sister win a reality show prize where two wealthy men mentor them and their bakery business as well as providing much needed financial support. The duo are trying to save their fledging business as well as pay for one sister’s chemo and provide support for Vanessa’s young son. Vanessa has one major problem with the two mentors/financial backers: Alex is part of her favorite mistake, a one-night stand in Las Vegas a while back. How can she ever work with him with this history? The author has written a fantastic work. The story is a great mix of familial love, financial intrigue and interest and amusement. The chemistry between Alex and Vanessa was fantastic. The characters of Vanessa and Alex were very realistic and had me laughing aloud as I read through their many intrigues and encounters. This story provided me a wonderful mix of funny, romantic and personal relationships without anyone of these being overpowering. Anyone who enjoys a good story or romance will definitely enjoy this book. I had not read any of the author’s other works before this but will now add her to my lit of authors to watch for and seek out. I received this from Library Thing to read and review. ( )
  KMT01 | Jan 25, 2014 |
Who hasn’t dreamed of winning big on television? Well, Vanessa and her sister Jillian do just that when they are on “Eye of the Tiger” and are chosen to be mentored by two wealthy men. Vanessa did not expect to have one of those mentors be “her favorite mistake” but that is just who Alex Compton happens to be. This is the story of family and how family creates who we become and how that impacts our relationships. It is the story of a single mother who is afraid to trust and a man who cannot forget her after their one shared night of passion four years before. This contemporary romance will draw you in and touch your heart. Barbara Lohr has created a well written delightful contemporary romance with believable characters and an interesting plot. ( )
  CathyGeha | Dec 8, 2013 |

LibraryThing Member Giveaway

Barbara Lohr's book Her Favorite Mistake was available from LibraryThing Member Giveaway.

Barbara Lohr is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,447,560 books! | Top bar: Always visible