The Mommy Letters by Anne M. Carpenter

The Mommy Letters

by Anne M. Carpenter

A good story with interesting characters. The plot moves forward at a good pace. It was nice that the reader didn't have to wait until near the end of the book for Robin to be returned to her family, leaving only the why to be discovered. ( )
  Jan24 | Jun 2, 2014 |
I found the characters in this book very believable and well-developed in a realistical way, and the story is interesting. I'm not a usual reader of suspense/murder stories, so I didn't expect to especially like this book, but instead I found myself wanting to go on reading it as much as could to see what would happen next...
Unfortunately the book would need some serious proofreading, there are really many typos ( lots of "to" instead of "too", etc.) which show it was just checked with a spell checker, but not re-read carefully. ( )
  rossiele | Mar 13, 2014 |
Spoiler Alert:

The novel has promising start, but staggers towards the end and staggers badly. Despite of having an amazing plot, this novel fails to become an amazing novel because of its abrupt and haphazard ending. It could have been a five star novel but author made an unforgivable mistake by not being careful enough. The ending could have been presented in a better way than all the criminals shooting at each other, confessing their crime. I didn't like those paranormal stuffs either. And I couldn't understand why no fingerprints were found on the mommy letters.

ebook received via LT member giveaway. ( )
  Bibash | Dec 9, 2013 |
I won a copy of this book through LibraryThing. What a tragic beginning to a story. I have no idea how I would cope with my child going missing. My heart broke with Sarah. She was just trying to cope with the disappearance of her youngest child and husband while also raising two teenage daughters. And then the letters start to show up? I felt like I was losing my mind with Sarah. The first half of the book really had me. The second half got kind of weird. I'm not sure if I liked the whole dream thing with two of the daughters and I kind of felt like the ending was anticlimactic. ( )
  jenna1131 | Dec 5, 2013 |
This was given to me in exchange for a review.
i usually do not enjoy suspense/murder mysteries but this one by Anne carpenter was wickedly brilliant.
The whole story was well written with lots of unexpected twists and turns, i found myself chewing my finger nails and sitting on the edge of my seat reading this.
the suspense was driving me nuts every time i thought i had figured it out something happened to prove me wrong. from start to finish this was hard to put down and the ending was brilliant. One of the best books i have ever. i would recommend this to anyone and everyone. fantastic thanks for letting me read this. ( )
  sarahlou2709 | Nov 16, 2013 |

LibraryThing Member Giveaway

Anne M. Carpenter's book The Mommy Letters was available from LibraryThing Member Giveaway.

Anne M. Carpenter is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,676,753 books! | Top bar: Always visible