Home in Detroit by T. Burton

1None3,689,591NoneNone
Recently added bySharS

No tags.

No reviews

Home in Detroit is a collection of current day photos of the homes where the most famous Detroiters have lived. From Bruckheimer to Coppola, Hoffa to Selleck, Gaye to Gordy, and Parks to Malcolm X; the book discovers the homes and lives of these legendary Detroiters and their roots in the Motor City. In the foreword by John J. George from the Motor City Blight Busters, he talks about the future of the city, and how each home and neighborhood plays an important role in the revitalization of Detroit. All of the homes were researched using Detroit city directories, phone books, census records, and through personal accounts & interviews.

Foreword

My name is John J. George, a life long Detroiter. Twenty years ago we started the Motor City Blight Busters in an effort to help stabilize, revitalize, beautify, and repopulate the city of Detroit with homeowners. Our aim is to restore the city to the state of great prominence it once held. We believe that inviting everyone to participate in this worthwhile effort will add up to Detroit's rebirth.

Home in Detroit details the lives of the most talented Detroiters with current day photographs of where they lived in Detroit. While the book celebrates their lives, we feel it also celebrates the neighborhoods where they lived and the memories attached to their homes. By supporting Blight Busters you will possibly help the neighborhood where you grew up, or maybe where your love ones lived, or maybe an area that has been forgotten, we need your involvement!

This book represents the best who have lived in Detroit, it is all our challenge to ensure that Detroit neighborhoods continue to produce great people for generations to come, together, we can accomplish anything! A portion of the proceeds from this book will be donated to the Motor City Blight Busters so that we can expand and continue our work here in the city of Detroit.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:07:23 -0400)

Average: No ratings.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,117,599 books! | Top bar: Always visible