The One Safe Place by Tania Unsworth

The One Safe Place

by Tania Unsworth

I received this book in a first reads give away and i enjoyed it immensely, i found it well written different to anything i had read before and i finished it in one sitting, I think The one safe place would appeal to both younger and older readers and i am planning to read it with my two boys of nine and ten as i think they would greatly enjoy it.so a thumbs up from me a good read. ( )
  carpathian1974 | Jun 6, 2017 |
This story reminded me of "Coraline". I liked it, but there was something about the whole thing i didn't like and i can't quite put my finger on what it was... The writing, maybe? I don't know... I took me a little while to get into it, but once i did, i did enjoy it. It was creepy and creative.

[minor spoiler below]
I thought it was really interesting that the main character had synesthesia. The timing was good too because i'd just read something about that on the internet. It's definitely not something one hears about often.

*Review written on July 24, 2015.* ( )
  danaenicole | Nov 21, 2016 |
It started dreary and by chapter 7 was good, only to be great by the end! ( )
  MrNattania | Sep 5, 2016 |
It started dreary and by chapter 7 was good, only to be great by the end! ( )
  JeffreyNattania | Aug 29, 2016 |
I really liked this. It's an unusual book which reminded me of Tim Lott's "Fearless". The truly mercenary administrator ruthlessly exploits the children in her care for financial gain and then disposes of them when they no longer are of use. The palpable feeling of menace pervades this novel, but the ( maybe too rushed) ending had me cheering. There's enough tension to maintain interest and the characters are compelling. All in all an enjoyable read. ( )
  mmacd3814 | May 30, 2016 |

Tania Unsworthprimary authorall editionscalculated
Turetsky, MarkNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
It was three o'clock in the afternoon before Devin was done digging the grave. He had realyl finished it at two, but had carried on for an hour longer, partly to make sure it was good and deep and partly to delay what was coming next.

In a near future world of heat, greed, and hunger, Devin earns a coveted spot in a home for abandoned children that promises unlimited food and toys and the hope of finding a new family, but Devin discovers the home's horrific true mission when he investigates its intimidating Administrator and the zombie-like sickness that afflicts some children.… (more)

HighBridge Audio

An edition of this book was published by HighBridge Audio.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,145,514 books! | Top bar: Always visible