Long Time Gone (Hell or High Water Book 2)…

Long Time Gone (Hell or High Water Book 2)

by SE Jakes

I love books like this, alpha males and all this excitement. I madly crazy over two cops or agents or military men getting hot and heavy. I don't know if that's an actual trope or genre or category, but it's my favorite whatever that is. The men are so intelligent, strong and capable, and there's so much sexual tension. Their bodies are government weapons, and it's a toss up as to who's the biggest badass. An average person like me could never handle it. They have to crash into someone as formidable as each other to make them consider love. Also I'm really into action books. This has murder, kidnapping, coverups and more. ( )
  ToniFGMAMTC | Jan 19, 2017 |
  ToniFGMAMTC | Jan 19, 2017 |
Usually follow-up books are not as good as the first, if the first was very good. You're used to a certain standard and it can be hard to meet said standard. Not here. I wouldn't be able to say, if I love Catch a ghost (review here) or Long time gone more.

Tom and Prophet's characters and relationship get more depth and I really felt like I knew them in real life. You don't have to forgo the sexy scenes between them, but do prepare for heartache. Oh my god, the heartache and overall feels! Luckily you'll get Aunt Della and her housemates, so there's still enough humour in this one. I'm really hoping we'll see them again. ( )
  bookstogetlostin | Dec 7, 2015 |
And that was even better than the first one.
I just love it when I find a new author who sucks me in, where I get really excited to read her backlist. Jakes is BRILLIANT.

Tom and Prophet got a great ending, and this one had a hurricane in it, so natural disaster bonus.

I don't know what I can say other than horray for a fabulous new author, and a fabulous second book.

10 points for Griffyndor. ( )
  ariel.kirst | Nov 14, 2014 |
What a wild ride! ( )
  Bugetta | Sep 29, 2014 |

Stephanie Tyler is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,144,890 books! | Top bar: Always visible