The Christmas Wish by Katy Regnery

The Christmas Wish

by Katy Regnery

A beautifully touching story of two people looking for a happier life and someone special to share it with. A happy Christmas read I recommend to all ( )
  Bette_Hansen | Nov 3, 2015 |
A sex symbol becomes a thing.... I just hate to be a thing. - Marilyn Monroe, Ms. magazine, p. 40 (August 1972).

The kind see kindness; the wise see wisdom. - Anonymous

The Christmas Wish is a short story, only 15K words, but the impact of those 15K words is tremendous. Books seldom make me cry cleansing tears, but this little story did.

Lucas Flynn is an ex-con, just out of prison and trying to rebuild his life. Tess Branson is a waitress at the cafe where Lucas works. Tess is sweet and compassionate, with a heart as big as Montana, though people in Gardiner treat her like trash. Lucas is carrying a burden that no man should ever carry, a burden of pain and loss and loneliness.

With Christmas only days away, is it possible that a simple wish upon a star could change both their lives?

Highly recommended!

____________

I received a copy of this story from the author. This fact does not influence my review.
  soireadthisbooktoday | May 4, 2014 |
I thoroughly enjoyed reading this feel-good, romantic novella! Very refreshing to read a love story based on two ‘ordinary’ characters. It seems Christmas miracles do happen. ( )
  bracey85 | Mar 18, 2014 |
I was given this book in exchange for an honest review.

This is about two people who feel that no one could love them or want to be with them due to past experiences. It was a whirlwind romance but it was a fun trip. Loved the story and characters. Can't wait to read more from this author. ( )
  sportzmomof5 | Jan 28, 2014 |
A sweet and inspiring Christmas novella. I read it straight through in one sitting (by staying up well after I should have been asleep) and really enjoyed it.

I particularly appreciated that Tess and Lucas aren't unattainably perfect — neither one is supermodel-gorgeous or a gifted genius or rolling in money, and neither has lived an unblemished life — so they feel genuine and accessible.

Overall, it's a touching and inspirational romance, best to read around Christmas for the seasonal good cheer it brings.

The message? Don't judge people on their looks or reputations, and having hope for the future is more important than being defined by one's past.

Favourite quote? "I’m sorry other guys dumped on you and used you and didn’t stick around to figure out how damn wonderful you are, but you’re not my bus stop, you crazy-making woman. You are the destination."

How I found this book? I won it in a holiday giveaway event.

4 stars • a definite keeper, highly recommended, totally gripping and very well done ( )
  KellaCampbell | Dec 27, 2013 |

LibraryThing Member Giveaway

Katy Regnery's book "The Christmas Wish," Heart of Montana #1.5 was available from LibraryThing Member Giveaway.

Katy Regnery is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,989,044 books! | Top bar: Always visible