Fables Vol. 20: Camelot by Bill Willingham

Fables Vol. 20: Camelot (edition 2014)

by Bill Willingham (Author), Mark Buckingham (Illustrator)

"Rose Red finally and formally takes on the mantle of Paladin of Hope to heroically rally the Fables in the tragic aftermath of "Snow White." A new dark age calls for a new Round Table, with modern knights willing to take on a sacred quest to reassemble the shattered pieces of Fabletown. Collects issues #130-140 of this 14-time Eisner-Award-winning series"--… (more)
Member:AmCorKragujevac
Title:Fables Vol. 20: Camelot
Authors:Bill Willingham (Author)
Other authors:Mark Buckingham (Illustrator)
Info:Vertigo (2014), 256 pages
Tags:R19

Fables, Vol. 20: Camelot by Bill Willingham

Recently added byprivate library, and879, erikdavidkov, ziggyreads, porcupineracetrack, MichaelandAndrea

English (13)  Dutch (1)  All languages (14)
Ah I took a break from the series but very happy to return! This time around the witches are trying to build Bigsby back to somehow bring him back to life, evil is lurking in the background and Rose Red is bringing back Camelot and the Knights of the Roundtable. Good stories and the plot thickens for the next book! ( )
  booklover3258 | Jun 13, 2019 |
3.75 stars

As usual, there were smaller storylines going on at the same time, but the main storyline in this volume is Rose Red trying to recreate the Knights of the Round Table. She has a table built in a field, then spreads the word that she is looking for knights to populate her round table. Many Fables gather to see who she will choose.

I really enjoyed this main storyline, as well as the next biggest storyline in this one, involving Snow White and her children. I so love the illustrations in this, and like the others in the series, the borders are a nice “extra” that also helps you figure out which characters/storyline is happening on that page. It ended on a slow note for me, which is mostly what brought down my rating by that ¼ star. Overall, though, I quite liked this volume. ( )
  LibraryCin | Jun 10, 2019 |
Snow White and her sister, Rose Red, have a falling out. Snow so disagrees with what Rose decided to do that she and her cubs are having nothing to do with her. Snow is afraid that Rose’s decision is going to bring great danger to her cubs.

Rose Red has declared herself the be the champion of second chances and is launching a new age of Camelot. As she chooses her knights, she is warned by the Lady of the Lake, that this could very well end up like the first Camelot, destroyed over jealousy and betrayals.

We also get a few other side stories that bring us up to date with some of the characters including a visitation from Boy Blue. It looks like there is going to be trouble between the sisters, and this could well escalate to the point of all the Fables having to choose sides.

I get a strong sense that the series is winding down, but I am sure the author will make the ending memorable. ( )
1 vote DeltaQueen50 | Jun 18, 2017 |
Second best graphic novel series (to The Walking Dead) stays at it's usual top level. Cudos ( )
  kallai7 | Mar 23, 2017 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 138,798,894 books! | Top bar: Always visible