Dark Passing by Liz Schulte
1011,299,385 (5)None

I just discovered Liz Schulte and enjoyed her writing so much! I highly recommend her to anyone who enjoys the paranormal mysteries by Kay Hooper and Barbara Michaels. The Ella Reynolds series starts with the book, Dark Corners. This is the second in the series, but you do not need to read them in order (although it does help to give you some background on some aspects).

In Dark Passing, a grieving, desperate mother asks Ella's help to find the person responsible for killing her daughter. The police have given up on the case, although it is not exactly closed. The mother asks Ella's help although Ella is only a writer and not a detective, because of Ella's own experiences resolving her husband's murder.

In the new case, a young adult girl is found dead in the trunk of a burning car. There seem to be no leads and Ella dislikes and soon suspects the cop who investigated the girl's death.

There are a lot of twists and turns (as usual) with the books in this series. What drew me to it and continues to interest me is Ella. She is so human and sympathetic and drawn very well. She is by no means perfect, but she does her best to overcome her limitations, including her anti-social tendencies, to discover who murdered the unfortunate girl. ( )
  AGPadgett | Nov 3, 2013 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 136,445,522 books! | Top bar: Always visible