Evan Help Us by Rhys Bowen

Evan Help Us (1998)

by Rhys Bowen

First of all, I love this series. I have read about 5 books counting this one. The setting and characters are interesting and I always pick up a new Welsh phrase or two. Several parts made me laugh out loud, I was truly saddened by the death of the first victim and concerned about several other characters' welfare. I was certain that I had solved the mystery early on but Ms. Bowen threw a few more twists into the plot than I had counted on. The ending was pretty predictable but satisfying nonetheless. I look forward to finding more "Evan" mysteries and learning more about the quirky inhabitants of Llanfair. ( )
  aurelas | Dec 23, 2016 |
This is the second in the series and I really enjoyed it; however, I would recommend reading the hardback or paperback, not the large print. It was filled with typographical errors. It took away from the reading. ( )
  RhondasReading | Jun 2, 2016 |
I enjoy that this author can continue to write about the same characters without repeating the stories. She kept my interest until the end of the book and I didn't "solve" the mystery myself. ( )
  Barbara31542 | Aug 26, 2013 |
Idyllic Welsh village, quirky residents
two unconnected visitors die in suspicious circumstances
Handsome village constable follow his hunches and
finds the connection ( )
  pennykaplan | Jul 21, 2009 |
Colonel Arbuthnot strode out over the springy turf, his cheeks puffed out as trombone-like sounds popped from his pursed lips.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0425172619, Mass Market Paperback)

The residents of Llanfair are used to peace and quiet. But when two recently-arrived Londoners are killed, tranquility is replaced by turmoil -- and Evan Evans must track down a murderer...

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:06:35 -0400)

A village in north Wales is split over a project to turn the ruins of a castle into a tourist attraction. The argument between economists and environmentalists leads to murders and Constable Evan Evans has work to do.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 134,778,120 books! | Top bar: Always visible