dismiss

Dorothy Must Die by Danielle Paige

Dorothy Must Die

by Danielle Paige

Series: Dorothy Must Die (1)

1,801966,457 (3.58)50
Amy Gumm, the other girl from Kansas, has been recruited by the Revolutionary Order of the Wicked to stop Dorothy who has found a way to come back to Oz, seizing a power that has gone to her head -- so now no one is safe!
Recently added byBookworm_Monkey75, rena40, private library, JessicaCroy, emilymoses, CrystalRN, chanen15

OH MY GOD SO MANY FEELS I CANT ( )
  rachelreading | Apr 20, 2020 |
Very interesting retelling of the classic WIZARD OF OZ. I'm curious to see how this all plays out. ( )
  Carole0220 | Mar 21, 2020 |
Terrible. Superficial characterization, ridiculous plot devices, unbelievable dialogue, all the worst elements of YA fantasy (dumb romantic storylines, unnecessary makeover and fouffy dresses, etc.)--the whole thing clunks along like the Tin Man's heart. ( )
1 vote andrea_mcd | Mar 10, 2020 |
I bought this on a Kindle sale and surprisingly I quite liked this book. A quick read, (almost a YA story) it is an interesting premise, an entertaining twist on the classic story we all know so well. Another tornado in Kansas lands 16 year old Amy in Oz but it's not at all like the storybook version she knows. Each of the former main characters has been twisted into a "wicked" version of themselves and she finds herself helping the "wicked" witch to plot against the power hungry, cruel Dorothy. Mayhem ensues. I like the way Amy is such an unlikely heroine. I like the way the magic is introduced and how Amy is even trained in some basic magic spells. Overall, a good story and I'm looking forward to the next installment. ( )
  Terrie2018 | Feb 21, 2020 |
I liked this book but question whether it is really young adult. I also refuse to give 5 stars for books that end on a cliff hanger and i have to reward the next book. ( )
  4Veritas | Jan 23, 2020 |

Paige, Danielleprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Sorvari, DevonNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For Mom, Dad, Andrea, Sienna & Fiona
I first discovered I was trash three days before my ninth birthday - one year after my father lost his job and moved to Secaucus to live with a woman named Crystal and four years before my mother had the car accident, started taking pills, and began exclusively wearing bedroom slippers instead of normal shoes.

A twist on the classic Wizard of Oz. Amy Gumm is swept up in a tornado just like Dorothy was all those years ago but Oz is not what she expects. Oz is not beautiful and magical. the wicked are good and the good are wicked.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 146,494,476 books! | Top bar: Always visible