Mitosis by Brandon Sanderson

Mitosis (original 2014; edition 2015)

by Brandon Sanderson, MacLeod Andrews (Reader)

Member:krau0098
Title:Mitosis
Authors:Brandon Sanderson
Other authors:MacLeod Andrews (Reader)
Info:Audible Studios on Brilliance Audio (2015), Edition: MP3 Una, MP3 CD
Collections:Already Read, Your library, Audio Book
Rating:*****
Tags:science fiction, short story, superheroes, young adult, The Reckoners

Mitosis by Brandon Sanderson (2014)

English (27)  Dutch (1)  All (28)
fun short story looking forward to book to of this series! ( )
  KenMcLain | Jul 18, 2017 |
nice filler. waiting for firefight! ( )
  redsunzire | Jul 10, 2017 |
Mitosis by Brandon Sanderson is a Reckoners short story. It acts as a bridge between books 1 and 2 so make sure you've at least read book 1 before starting this. There is no world building and not much character building as it assumes that you've read book 1 and already know most of the players. The story is about an epic named Mitosis that has come to Newcago because he can't believe the news about Steelheart. Naturally it's up to David and friends to stop him. It is so much fun! Lots of action, silly metaphors and a neat Epic power/weakness combo. My only complaint is that the story is too short and I wish it had been longer. ( )
  Narilka | Apr 27, 2017 |
This is probably the best "between books" short story I've ever read, not that I've read very many AT ALL, so take that with a grain of salt.

That being said, it is VERY short. I was honestly surprised, seeing as how Sanderson wrote it and everything he writes winds up long-ish. This took me maybe twenty minutes to read? If that? So yeah, my main complaint is that it's very short, but also that it FEELS short. It feels rushed, if you catch my meaning, and that's the main thing holding it back from five stars.

Other than that though, a fantastic in-betweener. The epic, 'Mitosis' has come to Newcago to call out the man who killed Steelheart old-west style. Mitosis has a very interesting power, in that he can clone himself an infinite number of times, with some important limitations of course.

The best thing about this is something I won't spoil, but in finding Mitosis' weakness Sanderson makes David, and by extension the reader, think a lot more about Epic weaknesses and their true origin. Are they truly as random as the powers themselves? Or are they embedded deeper into the person's own psychology, mirroring their fears and insecurities?

It's something to think about and I can't wait for Firefight to expound on the idea. ( )
  ForeverMasterless | Apr 23, 2017 |

Brandon Sandersonprimary authorall editionscalculated
Andrews, MacLeodNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Green, SamCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
The day had finally arrived, a day I'd been awaiting for ten years.

From New York Times bestselling author Brandon Sanderson's action-packed novel Steelheart comes Mitosis, a short story set in the world of The Reckoners series, exclusively available in the digital format. Epics still plague Newcago, but David and the Reckoners have vowed to fight back. Catch all the action before, Firefight, the exciting sequel to Steelheart, hits shelves in fall 2014.… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 118,030,764 books! | Top bar: Always visible