Lost and Found: Finding Hope in the Detours…

Lost and Found: Finding Hope in the Detours of Life

by Sarah Jakes

Other authors: T.D. Jakes (Foreword)

Sarah Jakes is brave to share her story with the world. Her story is one of redemption but was largely buffered by the security of her parents. ( )
  Jewel.Barnett | Sep 6, 2017 |
Very enlightening. ( )
  BookDiva85 | Apr 25, 2017 |
It's been said that we each form our own image of God in the likeness of our parents. Luckily, Sarah Jakes has fabulous parents who model love, compassion & forgiveness, & who are happy to play the role of God throughout this book. I realise it's heretical to say that, but God only gets lip service in this book. She's a celebrity kid who went down the wrong path, but her well-connected parents find out where she is, help her get back on track & hired her into the family business (at a higher wage than she could earn on the free market, it seems). Nepotism at its finest. I don't have a problem with that, but can we stop pretending it's evidence of His Gods' grace? ( )
  Heduanna | Apr 21, 2015 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
This memoir is a wonderful reminder of God's love, grace, and forgiveness. I found myself highlighting and making notes throughout the book. One of my favorite quotes is "I was a diamond, covered in soot, dirt, disappointment, and fear, but my mother wanted to remind me that it was still possible for me to find my sparkle."
Thank you, Sarah, for sharing your story and offering others ways to embrace and move one from their messy history. ( )
  jurai2 | Jul 15, 2014 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
This was an interesting read. Sarah talks about how she grew up and the mistakes that she made. What I got from this book was that none of us are perfect. We all make mistakes. The important thing is what we do going forward. We all have a purpose and it's up to us to find out what that purpose is and live it out. We can't let our past failures determine our future successes. ( )
  jrpatterson | Jun 12, 2014 |

Jakes, Sarahprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Jakes, T.D.Forewordsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0764212095, Hardcover)

Don't let your past keep you from a full future.

Like every girl, Sarah Jakes dreamed of a life full of love, laughter, and happy endings. But her dreams changed dramatically when she became pregnant at age thirteen, a reality only compounded by the fact that her father, Bishop T.D. Jakes, was one of the most influential megachurch pastors in the nation. As a teen mom and a high-profile preacher's kid, her road was lonely. She was shunned at school, gossiped about at church. And a few years later, when a fairy-tale marriage ended in a spiral of hurt and rejection, she could have let her pain dictate her future.
Instead, she found herself surrounded by a God she'd given up on, crashing headlong with Him into a destiny she'd never dreamed of. Sarah's captivating story, unflinchingly honest and deeply vulnerable, is a vivid reminder that God can turn even the deepest pain into His perfection.
More than a memoir, Lost and Found offers hope and encouragement. Perhaps you, like Sarah, find yourself wandering the detours of life. Regardless of how lost you feel, you, too, can be found.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:09:56 -0400)

"An inspiring personal account of overcoming past mistakes and finding faith and purpose again from a young woman who was pregnant at fourteen, then married and divorced in her twenties"--

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alum

Sarah Jakes's book Lost and Found: Finding Hope in the Detours of Life was available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

Bethany House

3 editions of this book were published by Bethany House.

Editions: 0764212095, 0764212419, 0764216996

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,697,608 books! | Top bar: Always visible