The Counterfeit Agent by Alex Berenson

The Counterfeit Agent

by Alex Berenson

2481971,687 (3.88)8
Unable to prevent the assassination of a CIA station chief by Iranian hostiles who are allegedly plotting a nuclear attack on the United States, John Wells goes undercover to discern the truth on an assignment that takes him from Guatemala and Thailand to Hong Kong and Istanbul.

It was just barely okay as a time waster. Very boring in parts. ( )
  Maggie1955 | Feb 4, 2019 |
ספר מתח לא רע. אקטואלי מאוד. מותח למדי. אבל איכשהו לא ממש הגיוני בהנחות היסוד שלו. ( )
  amoskovacs | Aug 9, 2017 |
Only an OK book -- struggled to get through it toward the end. The John Wells character was pretty well developed and the Glen Mason time in Thailand was believable. ( )
  skraft001 | Oct 15, 2016 |
Read 07-25-2016
  trexm5qp7 | Jul 25, 2016 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I have been buying/ borrowing & catching up on ALL of Alex Berenson's John Wells novels since I read THE COUNTERFEIT AGENT because I was so interested in both the character of John Wells and the terrorists & politicians he is forced to deal with -- it is clearly well-researched and laid-out and I read this book overnight in a single sitting -- gripping, droll, suspenseful, thrilling. Berenson has a talent for bringing far away terrorist locations to life and making us care about his loved-ones and his friends. Highly recommended if you're a reader of David Baldacci, Harlan Coben, etc -- with a particular emphasis on Middle-Eastern locations and concerns. ( )
  sushi105 | Jan 24, 2015 |

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alum

Alex Berenson's book The Counterfeit Agent was available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 138,935,935 books! | Top bar: Always visible