NYC Basic Tips and Etiquette by Nathan W.…

NYC Basic Tips and Etiquette (edition 2014)

by Nathan W. Pyle

Member:timoheuer
Title:NYC Basic Tips and Etiquette
Authors:Nathan W. Pyle
Info:William Morrow Paperbacks (2014), Paperback, 144 Seiten
Rating:***1/2
Tags:coffeetable, new york, new york city, nyc, lang:en, coffee table book, sachbuch

NYC Basic Tips and Etiquette by Nathan W. Pyle

Adorable and informative! I didn't really need most of these tips since I'm a long time City visitor, but it never hurts to brush up on my NYC etiquette, right? ( )
  imahorcrux | Jun 22, 2016 |
This is a great book! Everyone who lives or works in NYC or is planning a trip to NYC should read this book. I laughed out loud! It has great tips on how to be a smart tourist and a smart New Yorker. The illustrations are super helpful and fun. ( )
  Erika.D | Jan 28, 2016 |
A book after my own heart, containing thoughts I've shared not only in person and on social media, but in an entire book of my own creation. It is good to see my grievances validated, even if it's in overly polite form. I thought I was the only one who complained about object permanence in adults. Nope. And seeing everything in sketched and cartoon form was just gravy. I read the whole thing in one commute home; a fun little book. ( )
  MartinBodek | Jun 11, 2015 |
A great guide to New York people, customs, and ways to avoid being rude. I wish I had read it at the start of the trip, but it was fun to read towards the end and understand why things were the way they were. Good fun! It should be required reading for visitors AND residents! ( )
  tloeffler | Sep 27, 2014 |
A must for anyone coming to NYC. Please read it and follow the rules of etiquette laid out here. It'll make your stay more pleasant, and my life less difficult ( )
  sdunford | Jun 1, 2014 |

Living in New York City for five years as a transplant from Ohio, illustrator and T-shirt designer Nathan Pyle was fascinated by the unique habits and unspoken customs New Yorkers follow to make life bearable in a city with 8 million people (and seemingly twice the number of tourists). In NYC Basic Tips and Etiquette, Pyle reveals the secrets and unwritten rules for living in and visiting New York including the answers to such burning questions as, how do I hail a cab? What is a bodega? Which way is Uptown? Why are there so many doors in the sidewalk? How do I walk on an escalator? Do we need be touching right now? Where should I inhale or exhale while passing sidewalk garbage? How long should I honk my horn? If New York were a game show, how would I win? What happens when I stand in the bike lane? Who should get the empty subway seats?  How do I stay safe during a trash tornado? Each tip is a little story illustrated in simple black and white drawings.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:10:42 -0400)

Reveals the secrets and unwritten rules for living in and visiting New York.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 130,822,068 books! | Top bar: Always visible