My New Friend Is So Fun! by Mo Willems

My New Friend Is So Fun!

by Mo Willems

5031930,743 (4.28)2

Elephant and Snake run into each other and begin to talk once they realize their best friends, Piggie and Bat, are off playing together. Initially, they are happy for their best friend because they are both so great and imagine they are having fun together. They then begin to worry that they may be having TOO much fun together and that their best friend will replace them. They decide to go confront their friends but happily realize that they have been worrying for nothing because even though Piggie and Bat had so much fun, they had not been replaced.
  sbarshaw | Jan 14, 2018 |
This book is about two pairs of best friends and they hang out with each other. I like this book because its a very cute book. This book would be good in a classroom because its great for beginners readers.I would say this book is good for beginners. ( )
  Cassandra.k | Apr 9, 2017 |
I have slight reservations about this elephant and piggie book since it's "on insecurities"; Gerald and Snake are worried that Piggie and Brian Bat won't want to be their friends anymore since they are having so much fun with each other. Which is totally psychologically real for ten-year-olds, or even fourteen-year-olds--I can remember that deep desire to introduce my two friends in whom I was so emotionally invested to each other and have them have so much fun combined with the imperfectly sublimated dread that they would have too much fun--but this is a book for toddlers, man. ( )
  MeditationesMartini | Jan 10, 2017 |
These books are so great for my early readers. I read this aloud and then let students perform readers theater. It is amazing how much the get out of working together to read this book. This book would be great to help teach dialogue between characters.

Gerald and snake begin to worry that their BFFs hve found a new best friends. As they watch their best friends get closer, they panic that they have been replaced. Finally they realize that their best friends are working on special pictures for them. ( )
  Kelleighk1 | Sep 22, 2016 |
Oh dear. Competition to be the 'best' friend? I don't think that's cool. I'd much rather see the lesson made clear that *everyone* can be friends together.

Reread 14 months later ... must've been in a bad mood the time I reacted as above ... it's fine, especially if you look at the end papers (which of course you must always do with E&P books to find Pigeon) ... gave it another star. ( )
  Cheryl_in_CC_NV | Jun 6, 2016 |

Gerald the elephant and Snake fear that Piggie and Brian Bat will have so much fun together they will no longer need their best friends.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,763,268 books! | Top bar: Always visible