Hummingbird by LaVyrle Spencer

Hummingbird

by LaVyrle Spencer

LaVyrle Spencer spins pure gold. ( )
  briellenadyne | Nov 16, 2016 |
This was my first romance, and it is still one that I can read and totally lose myself in. It's also my favorite of the many, many books I've reading by LaVyrle Spencer. ( )
  GoldenDarter | Sep 15, 2016 |
I have read this so much that I destroyed the first copy I owned and had to buy a new copy. *sighs* I love this story. ( )
  lesmel | Jul 14, 2013 |
five stars ( )
  KathyRoper | Jan 26, 2010 |
This story was overlong, and I can't help feeling that it would have been better if there were few pages. Jesse and Abigail's constant sparring grew tedious after a while and Jesse's forced attentions on her seemed agressive. The characters were unlikeable, and I couldn't identify with them. When I first read this, it was great. Now...... ( )
  gogglemiss | Apr 2, 2008 |

Two men are wounded during a train robbery in frontier Colorado and left on Abigail McKenzie's doorstep to be nursed back to life. Gentle, loving David promises her a happiness she'd lost hope of finding and is all a lady could wish for. Jesse stands for everything she hates: he's rude, violent, roughly handsome and disturbingly sensual. But it is Jesse's mocking mouth that troubles Abigail's dreams, Jesse who makes her feel a hundred things a lady should never know, Jesse who challenges her every waking hour. Abigail fights him with all the stiff propriety her stubborn will commands...but in her burn the aching embers of love too long denied-love that will force her to a choice no woman should ever have to make...

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 051509160X, Paperback)

A bandit and a gentleman both vie for the heart of pretty Abigail McKenzie--and force her to make a choice that no woman should ever have to make...

This New York Times Bestselling Author... "will leave you breathless!" (Affaire de Coeur)

"An enthralling book, with a love story as feisty and romantic as a Tracy/Hepburn movie."--Lisa Gregory

"Bawdy, witty, touching, delightful."--Francine Rivers

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:15:59 -0400)

They were two men, both wounded in the same train robbery in frontier Colorado and left on Abigail McKenzie's doorstep to nurse back to life. Love that would force her to a choice no woman should ever have to make.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 134,842,036 books! | Top bar: Always visible