Never Judge a Lady by Her Cover: The Fourth…

Never Judge a Lady by Her Cover: The Fourth Rule of Scoundrels (Rules of… (edition 2014)

by Sarah MacLean (Author)

By day, she is Lady Georgiana, sister to a duke, ruined before her first season in the worst kind of scandal. But the truth is far more shocking--in London's darkest corners, she is Chase, the mysterious, unknown founder of the city's most legendary gaming hell. For years, her double identity has gone undiscovered...until now. Brilliant, driven, handsome-as-sin Duncan West is intrigued by the beautiful, ruined woman who is somehow connected to a world of darkness and sin. He knows she is more than she seems, and he vows to uncover all of Georgiana's secrets, laying bare her past, threatening her present, and risking all she holds dear...including her heart.… (more)
Member:poeticfantasy
Title:Never Judge a Lady by Her Cover: The Fourth Rule of Scoundrels (Rules of Scoundrels)
Authors:Sarah MacLean (Author)
Info:Avon (2014), 384 pages
Tags:to-read

Never Judge a Lady by Her Cover by Sarah MacLean

Recently added byArina40, AllAndAnyBooks, TaleisinVP

I liked this conclusion to the series the most of all the books in it, I think. Super quick reads, all of them, and likable, witty characters. I don't love them quite as much as [a:Gail Carriger|2891665|Gail Carriger|https://d.gr-assets.com/authors/1257289860p2/2891665.jpg]'s more progressive/modern-ish Parasol Protectorate books, but they're fun.

Fulfils the "romance novel" task from the Read Harder challenge. ( )
  bookbrig | Aug 5, 2020 |
Untitled hero. Rogue with dark past
Titled heroine with a dark past.
Going against society's norms
  Vantine | Apr 1, 2020 |
The final book in the series did not move me the same way the others did, but I still enjoyed the story. I do think a lot of complicated trouble could have been spared had people been honest or asked the opinion of the right person. Glad to see that everyone got their HEA. ( )
  ladypembroke | May 17, 2019 |
Sorry, didn't love this one. I bumped it up a star due to the fact I loved the idea of it, just not the execution. ( )
  mary23nm | Feb 27, 2019 |
3.5 stars

I liked it, I didn't like it. I don't know you all, a lot of repetitiveness, melodramatic moments, and the big identity reveal didn't happen until the ending of the book.

Loved the characters just no so much the story they were in.

I really hope the heroines in the next series are Sophie (well I can see she is and looking forward to her book), Cynthia, and Caroline. ( )
  WhiskeyintheJar | Feb 14, 2019 |

Sarah MacLeanprimary authorall editionscalculated
Eyre, JustineReadermain authorsome editionsconfirmed
HarperAudioPublishersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Belongs to Series

Belongs to Publisher Series

By day, she is Lady Georgiana, sister to a duke, ruined before her first season in the worst kind of scandal. But the truth is far more shocking—in London's darkest corners, she is Chase, the mysterious, unknown founder of the city's most legendary gaming hell. For years, her double identity has gone undiscovered... until now.

Brilliant, driven, handsome-as-sin Duncan West is intrigued by the beautiful, ruined woman who is somehow connected to a world of darkness and sin. He knows she is more than she seems, and he vows to uncover all of Georgiana's secrets, laying bare her past, threatening her present, and risking all she holds dear... including her heart.

Sarah MacLean is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 150,648,166 books! | Top bar: Always visible