Saga, Vol. 3 by Brian K. Vaughan

Saga, Vol. 3

by Brian K. Vaughan (Writer), Fiona Staples (Artist)

Series: Saga (Vol. 3)

Ahhhh. The characters in this series just keep getting better, including (to my surprise), Prince Robot IV. ( )
  jeninmotion | Sep 24, 2018 |
So pretty, and hitting me right where I feel it. ( )
  tldegray | Sep 21, 2018 |
There's a war going on, among alien races, and two of our principal characters are soldiers for opposing sides who fell in love, had a baby, and took off to raise their child together. There's technology, robots and space ships, here, except that one of the spaceships at least is a tree, and people talk about healing spells, not medication or surgery.

It's the third book in the series, so a lot of the background is just assumed. I have no idea what the war is about, or if Wreathians and Landfallians just hate each other. It's confusing and left me frustrated.

Despite that, I got to like Marko (the Wreathian) and Alana (the Landfallian), as well as some other characters. The artwork is lovely and, honestly, held me until I started to get caught up in the characters.

In the end, though, I think too much of the background needed for the story to make sense is just not here. It's likely in the two earlier volumes, but it's not here in Volume 3, which is what I'm being asked to judge. I suspect I would like this a good deal better if I'd read the earlier volumes. As is, though? Art, very nice. Story, meh.

I received this as part of the Hugo Voters' packet. ( )
  LisCarey | Sep 19, 2018 |
More like 3.75. Out of the first three volumes, I can't say it was as good as the last one, but I still enjoyed it. I'm looking forward to seeing where the characters and this series goes! ( )
  jlydia | Jun 25, 2018 |
On my review of [b: Saga, Vol. 2|17131869|Saga, Vol. 2 (Saga, #2)|Brian K. Vaughan|https://images.gr-assets.com/books/1486028954s/17131869.jpg|23857485] I expressed a certain desire to take things slow. To savor the story, really. This is series that one would want to ruminate on, or at least appreciate for the masterfully crafted creation that it is.

Well, unfortunately it's so well done that I can't stop reading it.

I could say that the action picked up in this volume, but that would be a lie. The action has been present from the very first volume, but it by no means dominates the different installments. Everything is measured and paced too well for one volume to be chase and the next mere character building. Everything has its place and [a: Brian K. Vaughan|24514|Brian K. Vaughan|https://images.gr-assets.com/authors/1204664235p2/24514.jpg] has made sure everything fits perfectly into it. The artwork, wonderful to begin with, has continued to match the writing in its own perfect way.

I can't adequately express how much I'm loving this series. It's utterly bingeable in a way people only really see Netflix shows as being. [a: Joe Hill|88506|Joe Hill|https://images.gr-assets.com/authors/1499713528p2/88506.jpg] was right, [b: Saga|15704307|Saga, Vol. 1 (Saga, #1)|Brian K. Vaughan|https://images.gr-assets.com/books/1486028947s/15704307.jpg|19113524] is pretty much the literary equivalent of a great Netflix binge. It just goes on forever until it's done and then you're stuck thinking about it, loving it, and hoping against hope for more and soon. ( )
  Lepophagus | Jun 14, 2018 |

Vaughan, Brian K.Writerprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Staples, FionaArtistmain authorall editionsconfirmed
FonografiksLettering and designsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
I'm positive, they were a fuckin' couple.

"New parents Marko and Alana travel to an alien world to visit their hero, while the family's pursuers finally close in on their targets" --

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 129,022,922 books! | Top bar: Always visible