Gutter Kisses and a Hug on Garbage Day by…

Gutter Kisses and a Hug on Garbage Day (2005)

by Casey Renee Kiser

102880,191 (5)None

I received this book in the mail a while back, and I have read and reread this book. I absolutely love the imagery that the author uses in her poetry. Anyone can say that a man had a devious smile, or that his smile hides his true nature, and the words would be forgotten by the next day. Saying that his smile is a masochist's playground definitely paints a vivid picture that sticks with the reader.

I look forward to reading more from this author - her poetry really his home, and is easily relatable, and easy to read. A very enjoyable compilation! ( )
  moonlitshadow | Oct 31, 2014 |
I received a copy from LibraryThing in exchange for an honest review.

I don't normally read poetry, but for a collection with such an intriguing title, I made an exception. And I am very glad I did.

The best way to describe the appeal of Kiser's writing is beautifully ugly imagery. She painted amazing pictures in my mind with her words and things as simple as "cotton candy shower" and "'dry clean only' heart" took my breath away.

All of the poems have a wonderful flow to them yet there is a tremendous variety in tone, rhyme scheme, and language. While many of the subjects are dark and sorrowful, they are presented with a wit and humor that do not leave the reader feeling down and alone, but rather enfolds the reader in their words and offers a fellow traveller in the journey that is human life.

Even if you don't like poetry, give this collection a try. ( )
  CareBear36 | Sep 2, 2014 |

This collection of poetry is definitely dark but you will find no ghosts, goblins, or vampires hiding out. These poems come alive from the depths of the binding darkness that is found in all of us. Travel down the spiral to visit the barren heart of depression and the scattered mind.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:14:36 -0400)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 113,901,523 books! | Top bar: Always visible