The Redemption of Caralynne Hayman by Carole…

The Redemption of Caralynne Hayman (edition 2013)

by Carole Brown (Author)

Member:Eamace
Title:The Redemption of Caralynne Hayman
Authors:Carole Brown (Author)
Info:Lighthouse Publishing of the Carolinas (2013), 340 pages
Rating:*****
Tags:inspirational, mystery

The Redemption of Caralynne Hayman by Carole Brown

fiction (1) FoodFic (1) guest (1) in-audible (1) to-read (11) want (1)

Imagine being in a cult where you cannot see anyway out of it. This is the incredible story of one such group - the Children of Righteous Cain. While this in not a true story, I can’t help but wonder how many of these details might be true for groups that are alive and prospering at this time in our world.

Dayne has grown up in this setting, has been sent to seminary and groomed to be the pastoral leader for this congregation. In his studies he realizes that this is not God’s plan for his children. Armed with this wonderful news, he returns to share what he has learned, but will their eyes be opened as his were?

Caralynne experienced a trauma as a child that so scarred her that as an adult she cannot remember it. Can she possibly believe that God loves her and learn to trust Him with her life and the lives of her children?

With kidnapping, murder, child molestation and mysterious disappearances one could almost feel the pain and heartache experienced by this unfortunate group. The author has done a fabulous job of taking us inside the workings of this fictional cult, but do we really believe that this is only the product of a prolific imagination or is it possible that such communities really exist...?

I received a copy of this book through CelebrateLit. The musings, impressions and opinions are my own and in no way solicited. ( )
  Eamace | Aug 13, 2019 |
Title: The Redemption of Caralynne Hayman
Author: Carole Brown
Pages: 332
Year: 2013
Publisher: Lighthouse Publishing of the Carolinas
This is a story set in the present day and revolves around the life of Caralynne Hayman. She is a member of a religious group called The Children of Righteous Cain. Her life is misery at the hands of her abusive husband. Her only joy in life is her two daughters. Her life is extremely restricted and governed by her husband, the elders of the community as well as the lead elder who allegedly receives direct communication from God. Some women receive heinous treatment from the lead elder or other men at the command of the lead elder. He rules his people with an iron fist.
As Caralynne tries to socialize with some of the other women, she sees the signs of abuse they are experiencing as well. She knows this is not how husbands are supposed to treat their wives and encourages the women to stand up for themselves. The new minister, Dayne MacFarland, also preaches new messages from the pulpit about God’s love and how men should treat their wives. As they become more outspoken, they face more and more resistance from the hard core fanatics loyal to the lead elder. Soon their lives are in danger as well as the lives of Caralynne’s two young daughters. Caralynne now realizes her community is in fact a cult, one in which women are expected to submit to abuse from their husbands or other men in the community. They are taught that their husbands are the way to salvation. Dayne and Caralynne have had feelings for one another for a long time, but circumstances intervened that made it impossible for them to pursue a relationship. Now circumstances have changed, but living in such a dangerous community with such outspoken beliefs could prove fatal.
I would recommend this for adult readers only. This was a difficult book to read with the physical abuse the women endured. The young teenage girls were programmed to accept a “breaking in” time by men in the community to prepare them for marriage and to learn how to be a “good” wife. This leader of this cult was just evil and spread his sickness to others. The author did a good job of creating lots of tension and suspense to keep the story moving at a quick pace. The story is gripping and I wanted to keep reading to see how it ended. I look forward to reading more books by this author.
My rating is 4 stars.
Disclosure of Material Connection: I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255. “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
Other reviews can be read at http://seekingwithallyurheart.blogspot.com/. Also follow me on Twitter @lcjohnson1988, FaceBook at https://www.facebook.com/lisa.johnson.75457 ( )
  lcjohnson1988 | Mar 1, 2015 |
A child's repressed anguish remains buried deep in her subconscious mind. As an abused adult, hatred surfaces for the self-righteous men in her religious cult. The beliefs taught are based on lies, not biblical principles. Women are trained to be wholly submissive, oftentimes being "broken in" for their wifely duties at a very early age, as young as thirteen. When her abusive husband dies from a heart attack, Caralynne Hayman is finally free of his vile and odious treatment, but the nightmares of her eleven-year-old daughter's abuse and death at the hands of a deranged, demonic cult leader only intensify her fears for her two younger daughters.

The elders hire a former member of the community as their new preacher. Hopeful that Dayne MacFarland will continue to promote the rituals and sinister activities that the head elder has augmented, Elder Simmons finds Dayne's sermons on love and hope in Christ not what he coveted. The elder's plans are thwarted by Dayne's fresh approach and aspirations to teach the cult members about salvation and redemption. His attraction toward Caralynne intensifies the elder's anger and designs to rebuke and discipline her for defiance and rebellion.

In this debut novel, Carole Brown has written a powerfully convincing account of cult activities that exist in our society. She has created characters that are diverse, authentic and credible. The creation of an assemblage of ominous, dark and depraved individuals who know no propriety is powerful. Heinous, inhumane and diabolical activities and corruption throughout this novel evoke intense and powerful emotions. This novel is written with intensity, integrity and candor, a page-turner of epic proportions where redemption is the ultimate objective. I highly recommend this book for those interested in the revelation of cult activities. This book is not for the fainthearted.

Disclaimer: I received a copy of this book from the author in exchange for my honest review. All opinions expressed are my own, and no monetary compensation was received for this review.
added by NanceeM | editReviewer, Nancee Marchinowski (Mar 30, 2014)

How far would you go to avenge the murder of your daughter? Is beyond redemption too far?Caralynne Hayman is angry and bitter over the abuse and death of her eleven-year-old daughter at the hands of a radical religious cult--The Children of Righteous Cain. So when her husband, a founding member of the cult, suffers a massive heart attack, Caralynne does little to help. Caralynne's secret seems safe until Dayne MacFarland returns. Determined to learn the truth about the cult, his investigation, and his rekindled feelings for Caralynne, lead the pair toward a confrontation with the group's elders. But can Dayne's comfort help Caralynne bridge the gulf of anger and bitterness that divide the community? Or will Caralynne's deadly secrets prove too high a price for her redemption?USA Best Book Award Winner for Religion: Christian Inspirational Christian Small Publisher Book of the Year eBook Awards Winner for Romantic Suspense Selah Finalist Genesis semi-finalist Laurel Awards Finalist Oklahoma RWA International Digital Awards, 2nd placeWritten for the General Market (G) (I): Contains little or no; sexual dialogue or situations or strong language. May also contain content of an inspirational nature.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 137,300,204 books! | Top bar: Always visible