Yenko: The Man, the Machines, the Legend…

Yenko: The Man, the Machines, the Legend (CarTech)

by Bob McClurg

This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I really enjoyed this book about the Yenko cars. I am definitely not a "car guy" (you'll see me in a 4 door sedan) but it was interesting to read of the evolution of the Yenko cars. The book has very nice color photos, and its fun to just thumb through, even if you don't have an interest in reading about car specs. Definitely a coffee table / conversation book. ( )
  ReluctantMessiah | Jan 29, 2015 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
This book was in Japanese to me. My 19 year old son went through this book and enlightened me. This book gets a 4 out of 5 stars because it spells out everything. Once i grasped the concept I got the entore book. ( )
  sherieadams | Jul 9, 2014 |
Excellent book - I will admit that I am partial since this is also a local legend for me. Great book! ( )
  plunkinberry | May 1, 2014 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
This book will appeal to a few different groups of people. Those of you who grew up in southwestern Pennsylvania from the ‘40’s to the ‘80’s will remember the Yenko dealerships and enjoy a trip down memory lane. Car enthusiast will enjoy all of the major cars that Yenko produced like the Yekno Stinger. And the third group would be road racing fans, as Don Yenko was an accomplished road racer, posting top 5s in 24 hours of Daytona and Le Mans and a few championships. ( )
  mrmapcase | Mar 30, 2014 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
CarTech Books does it again, this time with the story of Don Yenko, the man behind the special edition Chevrolet muscle cars. From his fathers’ immigration to the US to his passing, this authorized history of Don Yenko covers all the history he made with his special muscle cars and the years it took to get there.
Yenko: The Man, The Machines, The Legend by Bob McClurg covers in amazing detail the life of Don Yenko. The in depth interviews with family, friends, co-workers, business associates help to paint a complete picture of the life of Don Yenko.
The book is loaded with pictures of Don Yenko’s life. From his childhood to dealership days, to the muscle cars, racing history and collectable memorabilia, the pictures give life to written words of his history. Many of the family photos have never been in print – until now.
If you remember the Chevrolet muscle cars as I do – Camaro, Chevelle, Nova, and even the Vega – you will want to read this to learn more about the man behind the Chevy muscle – Don Yenko.

I did receive a copy of this book in exchange for my honest review. ( )
  grammygeek | Mar 30, 2014 |

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alumn

Yenko: The Man, the Machines, the Legend by Bob McClurg was made available through LibraryThing Early Reviewers. Sign up to possibly get pre-publication copies of books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 95,128,182 books! | Top bar: Always visible