Yenko: The Man, the Machines, the Legend…

Yenko: The Man, the Machines, the Legend (CarTech)

by Bob McClurg

This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I was really excited about this book - I've heard about Don Yenko but only in passing - I'm something of a gearhead but admittedly I don't know everything about cars, racing or classic pony cars, however I did grow up in that era and do remember quite a bit of the discussion amongst my friends. Regarding Yenko, I knew very little - mostly the name and a vague relation to some hopped-up Chevys that you occasionally see for sale at Peterson's or other auction.

This book will introduce you to Yenko and provide a lot of background, both for the man and the history of his very special Camaros, Chevelles, Novas and Vegas. I found the information enthralling and quite the read. The author, Bob McClurg does a great job breaking down the facts and history, adding photos, information and anecdotes that bring Yenko alive. The photos in particular are special and the quality of the book is quite good. If you're into cars and particularly into American Muscle, then this book is for you. ( )
  johnnyapollo | Feb 3, 2015 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I really enjoyed this book about the Yenko cars. I am definitely not a "car guy" (you'll see me in a 4 door sedan) but it was interesting to read of the evolution of the Yenko cars. The book has very nice color photos, and its fun to just thumb through, even if you don't have an interest in reading about car specs. Definitely a coffee table / conversation book. ( )
  ReluctantMessiah | Jan 29, 2015 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
This book was in Japanese to me. My 19 year old son went through this book and enlightened me. This book gets a 4 out of 5 stars because it spells out everything. Once i grasped the concept I got the entore book. ( )
  sherieadams | Jul 9, 2014 |
Excellent book - I will admit that I am partial since this is also a local legend for me. Great book! ( )
  plunkinberry | May 1, 2014 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
This book will appeal to a few different groups of people. Those of you who grew up in southwestern Pennsylvania from the ‘40’s to the ‘80’s will remember the Yenko dealerships and enjoy a trip down memory lane. Car enthusiast will enjoy all of the major cars that Yenko produced like the Yekno Stinger. And the third group would be road racing fans, as Don Yenko was an accomplished road racer, posting top 5s in 24 hours of Daytona and Le Mans and a few championships. ( )
  mrmapcase | Mar 30, 2014 |

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alumn

Yenko: The Man, the Machines, the Legend by Bob McClurg was made available through LibraryThing Early Reviewers. Sign up to possibly get pre-publication copies of books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 96,216,188 books! | Top bar: Always visible