A Thousand Pieces of You by Claudia Gray

A Thousand Pieces of You

by Claudia Gray

Series: Firebird (1)

Made it to page 25 before I quit. Annoying and awkward main character, insufficient sci-fi description of futuristic possibilities, and, sorry, but I found the writing to be extremely bland and uninteresting. DNF. ( )
  nframke | Apr 30, 2019 |
Parallel dimensions are hard to keep up with. I wasn't happy to find out there was a bit of a love triangle, but it was alright I guess.

*update* changing this to a 3 because it just did not live up to the hype that I was anticipating. Plus the parallel dimensions were really kind of boring. ( )
  jawink22 | Feb 6, 2019 |
This book. This book. THIS BOOK!

I am having a hard time even with this book right now. I told myself while reading it that I would give it four stars because I'd already given so many books five stars and I wouldn't just rate books off the feels, but critically and then this book happened and I'm an emotional mess. So emotional that it is gif reviews times because my feelings can't even.

Let's start with the Caine family

I swear this family is actual literal FAMILY GOALS. I have had so many fictional boyfriends but this is my fictional family. LITERALLY.

And then there's inter-freaking-dimensional-time-travel-stuff that is so freaking amazing

I didn't know anything about this book going into it, I thought it would be like some saucy dystopian space travely book but then I read the first chapter and I was just like:

And then I kept reading about this dimensional travel and I was like

And then it was just like

After reading it I was just all like

DIMENSIONS!!!!

Paul = MINE

So there was a love triangle, sure. It was handled well. Like really well.

Paul was just... i just...he was just like

was it weird I pictured him a little bit like Tadashi from Big Hero 6?

And even the other half of the love triangle, Theo was just like:

Actually me from Chapter 21 forward THE ENTIRE BOOK

All this being said I would just like to personally thank Claudia Gray for this amazing book that just took my soul away.

jlydia | Jun 25, 2018 |
Really a 3.5
Somethings were rushed and the "science" is so theoretical as to be unbelievable, but I liked the premise and the characters. I will definitely read any more books written about this world. ( )
  VanChocStrawberry | Apr 2, 2018 |
DNF. I just wanted to clear this from my currently reading section, nothing against this book I just couldn't get into it at the time, am hoping to come back to it at some point though.
  tamaranewman | Mar 22, 2018 |
My hand shakes as I brace myself against the brick wall.

Cloud Atlas meets Orphan Black in this epic dimension-bending trilogy by New York Times bestselling author Claudia Gray about a girl who must chase her father's killer through multiple dimensions.

Marguerite Caine's physicist parents are known for their groundbreaking achievements. Their most astonishing invention, called the Firebird, allows users to jump into multiple universes—and promises to revolutionize science forever. But then Marguerite's father is murdered, and the killer—her parent's handsome, enigmatic assistant Paul— escapes into another dimension before the law can touch him.

Marguerite refuses to let the man who destroyed her family go free. So she races after Paul through different universes, always leaping into another version of herself. But she also meets alternate versions of the people she knows—including Paul, whose life entangles with hers in increasingly familiar ways. Before long she begins to question Paul's guilt—as well as her own heart. And soon she discovers the truth behind her father's death is far more sinister than she expected.

A Thousand Pieces of You explores an amazingly intricate multi-universe where fate is unavoidable, the truth elusive, and love the greatest mystery of all.

"When eighteen-year-old Marguerite Caine's father is killed, she must leap into different dimensions and versions of herself to catch her father's killer and avenge his murder"--

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 134,917,864 books! | Top bar: Always visible