Unfiltered & Unlawful by Payge Galvin

Unfiltered & Unlawful

by Payge Galvin, Ronnie Douglas

This is a very unique , fast paced read that engrosses you in the story.

I really enjoyed this book & I'm looking forward to the next book ( )
  Obsessed-by-Books | Dec 7, 2014 |
This is a very unique , fast paced read that engrosses you in the story.

I really enjoyed this book & I'm looking forward to the next book ( )
  Obsessed-by-Books | Dec 7, 2014 |
So, what did I think? Premise - Great. Did it deliver? Sadly, I felt it fell short. I didn't connect with the main character, Sasha or Sugar as she was called. She was a recovering cocaine addict, who couldn't control her addiction to her on and off again boyfriend, Tommy, who was a petty criminal. She had no depth. She had serious character flaws- but what were her redeeming qualities? I couldn't find one. She wanted Adam, but continued with Tommy because she thought Adam was too good for her. Adam I liked a little more, but still - why would he want Sasha? The story was kind of flip flopped. Sasha wasn't in love with Tommy, and only used him for sex in order to help her forget her problems. Yet, the sex scenes with Tommy were incredibly graphic and drawn out. When Sasha has sex with Adam, the "hero" of the story and the man she loves, they are skimmed over briefly.
Besides the romantic aspects of the book, I couldn't fathom how twelve people in a coffee shop would agree to dispose of a dead body, conceal a murder, and agree to never speak of it again. It happened so matter-of-fact that it just didn't fly. It started at 8% and ended at 13% progress in the book. Who are these people hanging out in a coffee shop that could shoot a man, clean up the blood, wrap the body in trash bags, dispose of him in an incinerator, ditch his car, and then split up over a million dollars in cash - agreeing to just never speak of it again and head off on their merry way to live the rest of their lives? If there was any more backbone to this part of the plot, it could have been a great story. Unfortunately, it didn't develop past that. A few phone calls to one other person that was involved in the mess and a very lame attempt by a "businessman" to locate Adam and Sasha to retrieve the stolen money did not make for a convincing tale. Instead,I was pummeled with repetitive self doubts and uncertainties from Sasha about her worthiness of Adam, and how she didn't want to lose his friendship. Until suddenly, they were together and riding off into the sunset- anticlimactic. A little less of that whining insecurity and a lot more action could have made an okay book a cliffhanger. I don't think I'd read the rest of the series.
I was given a copy of this book for free in exchange for an honest review. ( )
  TinaMarieSays | Aug 26, 2014 |

Galvin, Paygeprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Douglas, Ronniemain authorall editionsconfirmed

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 134,813,416 books! | Top bar: Always visible