A Reason To Stay (Heroes #1) by RJ Scott

First off, the cover snob in me would be remiss by not starting off by saying HOLY COVER WIN! *sigh* Aren't they both just dreamy? I loved having such clear pictures of both MCs going in. Yeah, some see that as being lazy, but it was perfect for me in this case and in my mind set at the time. And that delicious blurb had me jumping-up-and-down excited for months before the release date. I can't get enough of my beloved Law Enforcement officials and the Military Men make me crazy in the best possible way. Putting the two together is what I like to called a M/M Romance "Perfect Storm."

[b:A Reason To Stay|20559181|A Reason To Stay (Heroes #1)|R.J. Scott|https://d202m5krfqbpi5.cloudfront.net/books/1389873413s/20559181.jpg|38991816] gives us a Navy SEAL, MC Viktor Zavodny, and a Sheriff's Deputy, MC Lieutenant Aiden Coleman, both on the rebound from each other and thrown together in the hopes of solving a case. This leads to some absolutely delicious friends to lovers to enemies confrontations:

He caught Aiden as he attempted to say something, and it was so easy to press the attack and lick inside Aiden’s mouth. For a split second, he sensed a shift in Aiden and his tongue tentatively tangling low groan of pleasure in his throat, but as quickly as it started, the kiss ended. Aiden shoved him away, and Viktor watched as Aiden wiped his mouth dramatically with the sleeve of his coat.

“Fuck you, Zavodny,” he snapped.

Viktor let his arms fall loosely to his side. “Or I could fuck you,” he said.

He never saw the punch coming.

Oh, the tension remained quite high between our boys for a good part of this book and it was crazy-hot to read and watch them dance around each other. *fans self*

Now, you will have to read the book to see which MC was in the right and which was in the wrong, or if it was equal miscommunication, or what-have-you as far as why these two obviously hot-for-each-other boys weren't together, but when the time came for the two of them to "see the light" and re-couple, I was sadly disappointed. Everything in my eyes to that point was just perfect, but that moment was ruined by a quick resolution with no apologies and no groveling *pulls hair out* and a couple of quick blow jobs. *sobs* (No! That's not romantic! That's actually not even hot!) It didn't work for me and left me cold. Bummer, because everything else about this book had me waving the FUCK, YEAH! flag.

I really, really enjoyed this book, but did get caught up on the resolution. I am still going to recommend it to M/M Romance fans. I know I'm a bit of a softie and I needed a bit more groveling before these two reunited, but I know the great majority of you will love this book and really dig the friends to lovers to enemies to friends to lovers to enemies, etc. story line. ( )
  gigi9988776 | Aug 25, 2014 |

RJ Scott is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 113,781,601 books! | Top bar: Always visible