Paragon Walk by Anne Perry

Paragon Walk (1981)

by Anne Perry

Series: Charlotte & Thomas Pitt (3)

English (15)  German (1)  French (1)  Spanish (1)  All languages (18)
☊[Paragon Walk] by Anne Perry - 248 pgs. - ★★★★ - 7/22/2018
This is the 3rd book in the Charlotte and Thomas Pitt series written by Anne Perry. The setting is London 1880's and a young woman has been raped and murdered on Paragon Walk. Tom, Charlotte and her sister, Emily, help to solve the crime. Anne Perry shows us the difference between the lower class and the quirks of the Victorian society expertly. Her books are quick easy reads and are a very interesting time period to read about. ( )
  EadieB | Jul 25, 2018 |
I really like the way she writes but these books are so similar that it seems a waste of money to read them. The characters change little from book to book and the relationships between the main character and her husband and her family is so wooden that I want to shake the book to wake these characters up! ( )
  Omegawega | Mar 31, 2018 |
This was my first Anne Perry novel and it might be my last. It was pleasant enough but with the hundreds of books id like to read, I doubt that i will spend my precious little time on another of these.

It was more a commentary on proper upperclass behavior than it was a murder mystery. Also it ended too abruptly and wrapped up in two pages. ( )
  AstridG | Oct 10, 2017 |
Inspector Pitt has caught another case in a high-class area. The residents of Paragon walk are shocked when an 18 year old girl, innocent and naive, on the cusp of entering society is raped and murdered. Is this act the work of an itinerant madman as the neighbors wish to believe or does their area harbour a vile and terrifying secret? (hint: it's probably the latter).
Again Emily uses her societal connections to run her own investigation. I was pleased that she is allowing Charlotte entry to her home and introducing her to friends, though Charlotte's marriage was so much below her station that she has to conceal the identity of her husband (well, and also if they knew she was married to Thomas, they'd never discuss anything in front of her.
These girls are such wonderful characters, as is the newly introduced aunt of Emily's husband. She's a riot.
  EmScape | Sep 17, 2017 |
Paragon Walk by Anne Perry is the third book in the Charlotte and Thomas Pitt historical mystery series. I enjoyed the first two books better than this one although it is still an entertaining read.

More social commentary and less mystery here but still well written and with a numerous cast of characters.

Like Book 2, Charlotte's sister Emily is showcased and the murders take place in her neighborhood.

The ending is exceptionally abrupt and I found it unsatisfying as there was no wrap up.

Once more, the last 20% of my Kindle version was comprised of a preview of the next book in the series. ( )
  Zumbanista | May 26, 2016 |

Perry, Anneprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Damiani, MaddalenaTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Fernández de Villavicencio, MatucaTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Porter, DavinaNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Schneider, AndreasTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0449211681, Mass Market Paperback)

"Perry has the great gift of making it all seem immediate and very much alive."
THE PHILADELPHIA INQUIRER
In the posh London street of Paragon Walk, a young woman is brutally raped and murdered. Once again the incomparable team of sleuths, Inspector Thomas Pitt and his young wife, Charlotte, peer beneath the elegant masks of the well-born suspects and reveal that something ugly lurks behind the handsome facades of Paragon Walk--something that could lead to more scandal, and more murder....

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:11:48 -0400)

In the posh London street of Paragon Walk, an unspeakable crime is committed: a young woman is brutally raped and murdered. Once again, that incomparable team of sleuths Inspector Thomas Pitt and his young wife, Charlotte, set themselves against a vicious murderer. As the elegant masks of the wellborn suspects slip, it becomes appallingly clear that something ugly lurks behind the handsome facades of Paragon Walk - something that may lead to more scandal, and more murder.… (more)

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 133,344,113 books! | Top bar: Always visible