He's So Fine by Jill Shalvis

He's So Fine

by Jill Shalvis

Series: Lucky Harbor (Sep 2014 - book 11)

He's been betrayed in the passt and she is trying to leave her past with a new identity. The lies trip off her tongue and we all know that's not good for relationships. Lots of laugh out loud and make you smile moments.
  wyldheartreads | Jun 20, 2019 |

Armed with a new name former child star Olivia moved to Lucky Harbor with the dual purpose of losing and finding herself. Growing up in Hollywood with all the positives and negatives that comes with that, has lead her to become a very guarded and weary individual. Lying by omission has become her new mantra as friendships and relationships start developing, despite her best efforts. Cole is a native of Lucky Harbor who runs a charter business with two of his bestfriends. A few years ago with the death of a very close friend, secrets came out that his girlfriend and now deceased friend were perhaps not bickering because they didn't like each other. As a consequence, Cole has a very rigid line in the sand when it comes to any untruths. When Cole and Olivia meet chemistry instantly binds them together as past issues lurk to tear them apart.

While this is the 11th installment of the Lucky Harbor series I, finally, felt like it was fresh and had something new to offer, something that has been missing in the previous books for me. Even though families and all the issues that come with them was still a large part of this story, as it has been with all the other books in this series, there was energy to He's So Fine that pulled me into the story. The story dives right in (literally) as Olivia and Cole meet right away and produce sparks. They are always front and center and definitely have the chemistry to pull it off. Olivia has a big heart but never veers into sickening sweet and Cole is the everyday man that just so happens to be gorgeous and be able to give MacGyver a run for his money. Let's just say the man has the knowledge and a multitude of tools in his pants that are bound to impress. While Olivia and Cole have lead vastly different lives, they seem to have the same issues, trust, and ultimately are searching for the same thing in life, security with that special someone; this is what makes them work so well as a couple and enjoyable to read about.

Past main characters and townspeople (can't leave out Lucille!) are mentioned enough to bring a smile to dedicated fans of the series but not overwhelming enough to confuse any new comers. This is an easy and enjoyable enough read that if you have the time you'll want to read it all in one sitting. The ending wraps up a little too quickly as Cole's PTSD issues with the fire and explosion he was involved in with and Olivia's family drama are never truly resolved. I really liked this couple so maybe this is just me being greedy and wanting more of them. Anyway, I've previously complained that the latter Lucky Harbor books were all starting to run together but am happy to report Ms. Shalvis has stepped up her game again with this one. There is a huge infusion of sweet and sassy into the story and characters that have made He's So Fine one of my favorites of the series. I'm once again watching the calendar for the next installment which will feature Tanner the bad boy ex-Navy SEAL.
  WhiskeyintheJar | Feb 14, 2019 |
How do you help someone who is so similar to you but you just don't know it.

Cole attempting to get over his past life where his girlfriend and best friend fell in love with each other. Olivia is attempting to forget about his past job as a child actress and wanting to be true to who she is.

Cole hates secret but can even he understand why some people really do keep secrets, for themselves and for the sake's of others. Can Olivia finally be free of her past. ( )
  WormsReview | Aug 31, 2018 |
I was looking forward to reading about Cole and his many pockets of stuff! And he didn't disappoint. He was a straightforward honest guy, which is one of the best kinds.. in my opinion. Olivia had a lot of secrets.. or just one big one.. however you want to look at it. They worked well as a pair, however I felt their meeting felt a bit too contrived but as that happened so early on.. the rest of the story didn't suffer for that. I did find the ending was kind of abrupt. Perhaps it was just me.. but I was expecting an epilogue or something.. but nope. I guess I just wanted to read about Cole and Olivia longer! I think this is a great series and I am looking forward to Tanner's story. ( )
  MyaB | Apr 25, 2018 |
What is there to say? It's Lucky Harbor and everything about it is good. Here the best one was cole and all his hotness and then Olivia with all her insecurities and doubts about love and trust. There was just something missing here to make it amazing, but I can't quite put my finger on it. Well, still was a pretty damn good read. ( )
  msralways | Apr 20, 2017 |

Jill Shalvisprimary authorall editionscalculated
Masters, AngèleNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

For Olivia Bentley, Lucky Harbor is more than the town where she runs her new vintage shop. It's the place where folks are friendly to strangers—and nobody knows her real name. Olivia does a good job of keeping her past buried, not getting too cozy with anyone... until she sees a man drowning. Suddenly she's rushing into the surf, getting up close and personal with the hottest guy she's ever laid hands on.

"For Olivia Bentley, Lucky Harbor is more than the town where she runs her new vintage shop. It's the place where folks are friendly to strangers-and nobody knows her real name. Olivia does a good job of keeping her past buried, not getting too cozy with anyone . . . until she sees a man drowning. Suddenly she's rushing into the surf, getting up close and personal with the hottest guy she's ever laid hands on. Charter boat captain Cole Donovan has no problem with a gorgeous woman throwing her arms around his neck in an effort to "save" him. In fact, he'd like to spend a lot more time skin-to-skin with Olivia. He's just not expecting that real trouble is about to come her way. Will it bring her deeper into Cole's heart, or will it be the end of Olivia's days in little Lucky Harbor?" --… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 136,501,630 books! | Top bar: Always visible