Extraordinary Faith: God's Perfect Gift…

Extraordinary Faith: God's Perfect Gift for Every Woman's Heart (original 2005; edition 2007)

by Sheila Walsh

Member:kms7valley
Title:Extraordinary Faith: God's Perfect Gift for Every Woman's Heart
Authors:Sheila Walsh
Info:Thomas Nelson (2007), Paperback, 224 pages
Tags:Christian Non-Fiction, Women, Faith

Extraordinary Faith by Sheila Walsh (2005)

This book will always have a special place in my heart. When I was reading it, I was recovering from cancer and felt that my world was utter chaos. My husband and I had barely been married for a year, I couldn't work, I couldn't go out, I couldn't care for my husband, I couldn't do much of anything, other than activities which required no physical activity of any sort. Reading this book helped me gain perspective. I began to look for the good in my situation, and I was pleasantly surprised.

I recommend this book to many of the Christian women I counsel, and I would recommend it to any Christian, even a male, who was looking for a challenging read. This book definitely isn't for the faint of heart. Sheila is encouraging, no doubt, but she also doesn't hesitate to speak the truth in love. When I was in a dark place, believing many lies, Extraordinary Faith was a beacon of light and truth.
  sassyhobbsy | Apr 22, 2011 |
January 2006 ( )
  pamjimo1 | Dec 19, 2005 |

Whether or not you know or even understand it, you are living a life of faith. Perhaps not the conventional, Christian ideal of faith, but faith nonetheless. You flip the light switch and have faith that the light will come on. You turn the key and expect the engine to start. But what about the big things in life? Do you have faith that you'll remain healthy? Faith that your children will be safe from violence? We all face situations that we cannot control. All we can do is trust-and have faith-that God will see us through.

Rather than a complicated, theological enigma, Sheila Walsh explains that faith is a simple, life-giving gift God offers His children. And since it is a gift, He expects us to share it-to give it away. By sharing biblical and modern examples of women of faith, Sheila opens our eyes to the extravagant gift God has for each of us.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:23:06 -0400)

"Whether or not you know or even understand it, you are living a life of faith. Perhaps not the conventional, Christian ideal of faith, but faith nonetheless. You flip the light switch and have faith that the light will come on. You turn the key and expect the engine to start. But what about the big things in life? Do you have faith that you'll remain healthy? Faith that your children will be safe from violence? We all face situations that we cannot control. All we can do is trust - and have faith - that God will see us through. Rather than a complicated, theological enigma, Sheila Walsh explains that faith is a simple, life-giving gift God offers His children. And since it is a gift, He expects us to share it - to give it away. By sharing biblical and modern examples of women of faith, Sheila opens our eyes to the extravagant gift God has for each of us" -- www.amazon.com… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 133,413,107 books! | Top bar: Always visible