dismiss

Prime Suspect #2 by Lynda La Plante

Prime Suspect #2 (edition 1993)

by Lynda La Plante

Series: Prime Suspect (2)

The coroner's report identifies the body as young, black, female, and impossibly anonymous. Yet one thing is clear to Detective Chief Inspector Jane Tennison about the latest victim discovered in one of London's poorest districts, that news of her murder will tear apart a city already crackling with racial tensions, hurling Scotland Yard and Tennison herself into a maelstrom of shocking accusations and sudden, wrenching violence.… (more)
Member:anabernathy
Title:Prime Suspect #2
Authors:Lynda La Plante
Info:Dell (1993), Mass Market Paperback, 259 pages

Prime Suspect 2: A Face in the Crowd by Lynda La Plante

Swedish (1)  English (1)  All languages (2)
I'm a huge crime fiction lover and I especially love those that are based on truth. So, when the chance arose to review books 1 and 2 in Ms. La Plante's Prime Suspect series, I jumped. What I found in these two books was gripping complexity that will leave the reader hungry for more!

In Prime Suspect, Jane Tennison's a woman doing a man's job. And those men...well, they aren't too pleased about it, so she has a lot to prove. All she wants is a chance to lead an investigation and prove that she's worthy of doing it the boys' way. She gets her break, when quite unexpectedly, the lead Chief Investigator dies of heart failure and she's thrown into the driver's seat of a murder investigation. Tennison digs around and digs deep, causing a lot of ruckus around the precinct. When the clues she finds lead to a new angle, the Prime Suspect is set for release.

I really enjoyed reading about Tennison's tense investigation and watching her prove herself to the boys. I felt myself transform to the middle of the story, as I saw the events unfold through her eyes. It really was a good ride as I followed her on the investigation, searching for the clues, and trying to find out just who the real victim was!

In A Face In Crowd, the tensions are once again rising and leaping to the heart of the story. Tennison is back in full swing and her investigating is once again complex. She's still on a bout to prove her self as the Chief Investigator to her male co-workers. They still don't feel she's up to the work, but when another killer is on the loose in the heart of London, it will be up to Tennison to, once again, prove that she can get the prime suspect before they escape.

The ride was once again a tense one, this time, filled with racism and hatred of the worst. Will Tennison be able to capture her suspect, and once again, close a case before her personal issues are laid before all of London?

These books were, to me, some of the best written pieces of work. Most of the crime novels I read are based here in the States, but reading these ones that are based in London, was awesome. I become a part of London, and each page brought with it a new piece to the puzzle, yet I couldn't quite grasp the who-dun-it until the very last pages. I definitely recommend these books with 4 Books and two thumbs up. Ms. La Plante is an author who's works are going on my wish list now!

This review originated at Reviews By Molly in part with a blog tour. ( )
  ReviewsbyMolly | Mar 21, 2012 |
Please be careful when combining Prime Suspect 2. Lynda La Plante not only wrote the book, but was the screenwriter for the TV series with the same name.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 147,652,032 books! | Top bar: Always visible