The Good Girl by Mary Kubica

The Good Girl

by Mary Kubica

English (130)  Italian (1)  All (131)
When Mia is kidnapped, her hired kidnapper, Colin, doesn’t deliver her to the actual kidnapper; instead, he takes off with her!

The story is told “before” and “after” from a few different points of view: from Colin’s, from her mother Eve’s, and from the detective Gabe’s. The chapters tell you whose POV you are following and when, so I found it easy to follow. It was a bit slow-moving at times, but I was still fascinated with what was happening. In my opinion, I thought the author did a very good job of keeping me “on board” with what was going on (as I try to describe it without giving too much away!). The twist at the very end – impressive. If I was one to reread, I would definitely reread and look for potential clues! I did reread the epilogue. ( )
  LibraryCin | Jun 8, 2018 |
I couldn't put the book down as it left you wanting to see how everything turns but the ending was a bit anticlimactic and I was expecting a few more twists in the plot. ( )
  Derby75 | May 8, 2018 |
I really enjoyed this book. Fast-paced and entertaining from start to finish. Excellent character development. ( )
  ppmarkgraf | May 5, 2018 |
This was definitely a thrill ride. I loved how the chapters were written for each character 'before' and 'after'.

If you like a mystery and a suspense thriller, you will not be disappointed with this book. ( )
  PamV | Mar 27, 2018 |
I got sucked into this right away. I loved how the story was told from 3 points of view and we got to see before and after to piece everything together. I didn't see the twist until it came which always makes me happy but the ending left me feeling slightly off. I think that's what Kubica wanted but it still left me feeling some shivers down my spine. A very enjoyable read and I can't wait to read more from Kubica. ( )
  IntrovertedBooks | Mar 26, 2018 |

Blackstone Audio, Inc.Publishersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Plassmann, Jenssecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Schuitemaker, Karinsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For A & A
I'm sitting at the breakfast nook sipping from a mug of cocoa when the phone rings.

"I've been following her for the past few days. I know where she buys her groceries, where she has her dry cleaning done, where she works. I don't know the color of her eyes or what they look like when she's scared. But I will."

Born to a prominent Chicago judge and his stifled socialite wife, Mia Dennett moves against the grain as a young inner-city art teacher. One night, Mia enters a bar to meet her on-again, off-again boyfriend. But when he doesn't show, she unwisely leaves with an enigmatic stranger. With his smooth moves and modest wit, at first Colin Thatcher seems like a safe one-night stand. But following Colin home will turn out to be the worst mistake of Mia's life.

Colin's job was to abduct Mia as part of a wild extortion plot and deliver her to his employers. But the plan takes an unexpected turn when Colin suddenly decides to hide Mia in a secluded cabin in rural Minnesota, evading the police and his deadly superiors. Mia's mother, Eve, and detective Gabe Hoffman will stop at nothing to find them, but no one could have predicted the emotional entanglements that eventually cause this family's world to shatter.

An addictively suspenseful and tautly written thriller, The Good Girl is a compulsive debut that reveals how even in the perfect family, nothing is as it seems….

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:17:41 -0400)

The daughter of a prominent Chicago judge and his socialite wife, inner-city art teacher Mia Dennett is taken hostage by her one-night stand, Colin Thatcher, who, instead of delivering her to his employers, hides her in a secluded cabin in rural Minnesota to keep her safe from harm.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 126,327,334 books! | Top bar: Always visible