No Matter the Wreckage by Sarah Kay

No Matter the Wreckage

by Sarah Kay

Sarah Kay was already one of my favorite contemporary poets before reading this book. Having read it, she's solidified herself on that list and might be on top of it, now.

I can't put it all into words, but for anyone who's read or listened to any of her work, you know what to expect in this collection. Kay doesn't disappoint. ( )
  Robert.Zimmermann | Jul 1, 2017 |
The poems of Sarah Kay always give me feelings. Something like home. Familiarity, maybe. Or nostalgia. There is no spoken word poetry of Sarah Kay that I did not like. There will never be. So to appreciate this collection of poems, I listened to her through her videos online. What about those poems without her videos? I read it out loud. I'm not a good poetry speaker but to hell with it! I made the bed my stage and the pillows in my room became my audience. In those moments, there was a bubble of magic that was impenetrable. ( )
  phoibee | Apr 23, 2017 |
most incredible introduction to the world of poetry. simultaneously contemporary and timeless. ( )
  kate_r_s | Feb 12, 2017 |
Sarah Kay is my favorite female poet. She does spoken word poetry as well, which you can google to watch her performances. I fell in love when I heard her perform Point B on a TED talk. I have since found every video and book. Her poetry feels raw and real, like she just got out of bed and put her pajamas into words. I like being able to picture her performing her poetry, it adds to the experience. ( )
  alb2219 | Sep 5, 2014 |

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 118,647,171 books! | Top bar: Always visible